Help With Universal Advance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help With Universal Advance

Options
positivitygoing1
positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
Hi ,

I'm hoping someone can help , my housing officer said I could apply for a universal credit advance (I had to move and it triggered me to apply for universal credit , I'd been on income related work activity ESA ,

However I tried to apply online and it says "you cannot claim for an advance at the moment as we are still reviewing your claim" I claimed a week ago and had my verify appointment at the jobcentre , could it be because I had lost my bank card and he said bring it with you on the 7th may for your commitments appointment , point is I cannot wait until then , 

The bank have sent me a new card am I able to just walk into the jobcentre and ask them to scan it to my claim so my bank is verified ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ring universal credit and apply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @positivitygoing1, the protocol is that they won't be able to process your advance until your new card is verified. If you give them a call they arrange an earlier appointment for you to bring your card in or advise whether your local JCs offer a drop in service for this. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.