stressed out — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

stressed out

weetracyc
weetracyc Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m looking for some help I’ve had cervical cancer had to have chemo radiotherapy chemo/radiation for 7 months I’ve thankfully got the all clear but my side affects are so bad I’m on enhanced mobility for pip and standard care part aswell on Saturday I got a letter for a esa assessment In my own home I’m up to high doe with this as I only got pip medical assessment last year now I’ve to cope with this not long ago my wee brother committed suicide a day before my birthday not got over that now this what happens if no doubt atos will find me fit for work even tho my cancer consultant says otherwise thanks 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @weetracyc welcome to the community. I am so sorry to hear to hear this and I am sorry to hear about your brother.
     How are you doing today? A lot of our members feel this way when it comes to assessments. There's some information on what you can expect from an ESA assessment. Hopefully not, if so you can appeal the decision.

You may want to get in touch with Cruse Bereavement Care's helpline, where they offer emotional support. 
    Please keep us updated and if you have any questions, please let us know- we are here to support you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.