Council Tax rebate question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council Tax rebate question

ocdman
ocdman Community member Posts: 58 Connected
Hello, im not sure what will happen here , if anybody knows I would be grateful.

At the beginning of the month I paid my council tax bill for this coming year. I was receiving almost full rebate because I was receiving income based esa in the support group and paid roughly £240 Then my mother died an Ive came into money which knocks me of my entitlement to income based esa. So ive informed all the authorities DWP and the Council included but im wondering what happens to this council tax bill. Im aware now I need to pay full rent as I dont qualify for housing benefit but I paid for the council tax bill in full when I was receiving the full entitlements so do you think they will let it stand or recalculate it ?

Thanks for any advice etc in advance

David

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of your news. They will almost certainly recalculate your council tax and send you another bill for the remainder of what you owe.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ocdman
    Thank you poppy, thats what I thought also. I just feel like fighting the world right now these people have no hearts so i expect you are right. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @ocdman, Poppy has already answered your question so I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss.

Best wishes,
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ocdman
    Thank you Adrian
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ocdman

Good Morning, I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation. 

It’s great to see that @poppy123456 has answered the question for you.

Please please let me know if there’s anything else that we can help/support you with????

@steve51

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.