Appeal and medication - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal and medication

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    It matters a lot because using the same evidence previously used could likely see another refusal. I give a lot of people help on this forum, if you don't like my comments then please add me to your ignore list, this way you won't see my comments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    We are here to help and support each other but not all the advice offered is what the claimant wants to hear. Positivity is all very well but wrong advice helps nobody
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I think the problem is.. the way people word things, text can be taken out of context regardless of how the person who has typed it means it, if that makes sense? People with certain mental health problems such as myself are very sensitive and anything that looks off to them can make them very anxious and then that person in some cases will react badly and will post a sharp comment back. I try not to do that personally but I don't like confrontation. I've done as the admin that emailed suggested which was to put people who cause me anxiety on ignore. I honestly suggest anyone else who is "triggered" by people on here or any other forum or social media platform do the same, it saves confliction and confrontation then. This is just my opinion as someone with significant anxiety.
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    edited May 2019
    It matters a lot because using the same evidence previously used could likely see another refusal. I give a lot of people help on this forum, if you don't like my comments then please add me to your ignore list, this way you won't see my comments.
    But your on about an old case? That’s the past leave it in the past instead of encouraging someone to get what there entitled to feels like to me ur just trying to put them of like you do every time. You keep on about overwhelming psychological distress and it’s got to be clear no it does not. My aunt went to a face to face she told them the truth and was calm and got it for 10 years enhanced both areas so your points are somewhat clearly invalid   Just tone it down and stop being negative no one in there right mind is gunna provide old evidence that they've been declined for in the past. [edited by moderator]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    @mercedesbd i'm not being negative so please stop shouting at me. Using capitols is classed as shouting in text speak and there's really no need for it. Your whole tone really isn't nice so for that reason i've reported your comment. I will also place you on ignore so i won't be able to see any further comments from you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Artmuzz
    Artmuzz Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    edited May 2019
    Sad to read that my thread is causing some friction.

This is the whole point why I decided to appeal again against this wrong decision from the DWP because I have new evidence from my Support Worker and Therapist. If I only had the same evidence as before then I wouldn’t of bothered appealing and just moved on.

I spoke to my Support Worker and she says she will write a letter to the DWP explaining that I am not ready for group therapy because it causes me great distress and anxiety. However, she mentioned that she will mention that I am coping well with other aspects of therapy and support work which has got me a bit worried because the DWP might see that as progress and tell me to get on my bike.

I also had an appointment with my welfare rights officer who will write to my GP and support workers for information to send to DWP.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Artmuzz welcome to the community. I am sorry about this, no worries you are not at fault at all. We are all here to support you.

I can understand why you feel hesitate with appealing again, it is not an easy process to go through. But we are here to support you. I hope the links provided above by our members has been useful. We have some information on appealing a decision. 

It's good to hear you have the support of your Support Worker and the a Welfare Rights officer. I hope it all goes well. 
    Please keep us updated :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Hey @Artmuzz hope you are doing ok.

I'm glad you have Welfare Rights helping you, a bit less stress on you then. I hope you get somewhere with it this time.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Hi all,

We appreciate our members support for one another but please remember the importance of respecting other members. We don’t have to agree on everything but respecting other members is important to keeping the community safe and friendly. If you would like to avoid seeing content from a specific user, you can do so by using the ignore list  to hide their discussions comments.

Please have read through our post on Everyone on our community and their wellbeing is important to us

Best wishes,
    Antonia

• tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Just giving advice and direction is all that’s needed. My personal opinion on this thread is that @Artmuzz you should not appeal because the writing is on the wall. Realistically you aren’t going to get anywhere. Artmuzz asked what to do. Everyone remember that.
  • Artmuzz
    edited May 2019
    Just giving advice and direction is all that’s needed. My personal opinion on this thread is that @Artmuzz you should not appeal because the writing is on the wall. Realistically you aren’t going to get anywhere. Artmuzz asked what to do. Everyone remember that.
    So you reckon that even though I have evidence that I suffer severe anxiety and panic when mixing with other people and unable to wash and go out because it gives me psychological distress and panic attacks I haven’t a chance winning an appeal because I am coping well with Therapy and Support Work?
  • tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Honestly, I think all these people could be wrong but it’s highly unlikely. I would encourage you to try different avenues to help yourself progress mentally and surround yourself with the support you need to gradually get your head into a positive place. It may sound daunting but in the long run this will be better than sitting through tribunals every 2 - 3 years. I’m in no way insulting you, please don’t think that.
  • mercedesbd
    @Artmuzz please do go tribunal if you have NEW proof of anxiety and distress this will go a very long way. After all it’s  not the diagnosis it’s how the condition affects you .
  • mercedesbd
    @Username_removed do you have any suggestions/opinions? You seem to speak sense
  • Artmuzz
    edited May 2019
    Honestly, I think all these people could be wrong but it’s highly unlikely. I would encourage you to try different avenues to help yourself progress mentally and surround yourself with the support you need to gradually get your head into a positive place. It may sound daunting but in the long run this will be better than sitting through tribunals every 2 - 3 years. I’m in no way insulting you, please don’t think that.
    To be honest my Support Worker told me the same thing but she said at the end of the day it’s my choice if I appeal this but she feels that appealing PIP is interrupting my therapy and me getting better even though my anxiety and panic disorder is just as bad as before but I have evidence now to support that. She told me that all the appeals process will do is make me even more ill.

I do understand what you are saying but I am very unhappy with the scores I got. I agree with getting zero point on a few descriptors but I am very unhappy with only scoring 2 points on social anxiety and zero points on going out and zero points for washing and personal hygiene.

I have evidence that I have great difficulties with those descriptors and I want those points increased so at least I can get awarded standard rate on daily living  PIP.

I am also fearful of the appeal because the last appeal wasn't very pleasant and I feel there was a bit of corruption with the Tribunal panel especially the judge and I unfairly failed the appeal. I am also suspicious over the lost audio recording which I was told had now malfunctioned in the dictaphone when I requested it with the statement of reason which is law in Scotland at DWP Tribunals.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Where you end up is with the very 1st response on this thread where  poppy123456 said:
    No one can tell you whether you should appeal the decision, only you can decide that.  
    There really isn’t anything to add to that because it is wholly correct. Bottom line? In order to make an informed decision you need face to face advice 
    ….obviously that depends on the claimant. Perhaps they find it difficult to find help, maybe they would find it distressing having to discuss in intimate detail with a complete stranger what their issues are or maybe they are too proud to admit that they need help. I would think that the most vulnerable claimants more so than others who may well have these problems and unfortunately they are the group that would need that advice above all others? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.