I'm waiting on a decision for pip it's been about 3 months — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm waiting on a decision for pip it's been about 3 months

steven7
steven7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone..I'm waiting on a decision for pip it's been about 3 months  now I've been and had my assessment at dwp face to face and it's been about 3 weeks or so now and haven't heard nothing I'm not sure how to contact them and ask about my case..thanks in adavance..

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    You can call DWP - PIP line, they should be able to help, you can also ask for a copy of your report.

Once the DWP have your report you should hear something within 6 weeks, at least that's what the text they sent me said (it took Capita 3 weeks to send my report to the DWP and they only sent it when the DWP requested it) .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Once the assessment takes place it can be anything between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer for a decision to made. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I was waiting 7 months when I first claimed, I just let them get on with it.
  • steven7
    steven7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much for your replys and your help..appreciate 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.