PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

I'm waiting on a decision for pip it's been about 3 months

steven7steven7 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi everyone..I'm waiting on a decision for pip it's been about 3 months  now I've been and had my assessment at dwp face to face and it's been about 3 weeks or so now and haven't heard nothing I'm not sure how to contact them and ask about my case..thanks in adavance..

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    You can call DWP - PIP line, they should be able to help, you can also ask for a copy of your report.

Once the DWP have your report you should hear something within 6 weeks, at least that's what the text they sent me said (it took Capita 3 weeks to send my report to the DWP and they only sent it when the DWP requested it) .
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Once the assessment takes place it can be anything between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer for a decision to made. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    I was waiting 7 months when I first claimed, I just let them get on with it.
  • steven7steven7 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much for your replys and your help..appreciate 
Sign in or join us to comment.