pip tribunal assessment of mental health issues. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip tribunal assessment of mental health issues.

Options
paullove
paullove Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
having had a horrendous assessment by a by a capita  person  who was plainly  lacking in the smallest fragment of  any humanity,who chose to white -wash over my mental health issues. will the PIP tribunal   exibit equal disregard to my state of mind,?. surely, there are human rights that should not be ignored in the name of   morally acceptabie behaviour from  all members  of the tribunal;who  bound by doctorines that should maintain equality for all those people that have a tribunal?

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @paullove

A very welcome.

Sorry to learn of your bad experience at your PIP assessment.

You are doing the right thing in taking your claim to the Tribunal.

The panel at the Tribunal, consists of chair, who will be legally qualified, a Doctor and someone with a disability background.

They are completely independent of the DWP and will treat you in a kind respectful manner.

Have you got a welfare rights officer to attend with you, this would assist you.

You can also have a companion with you, to assist in anyway you need.

As a rough guide the hearing will last about 20 minutes.

As it is a stressful process for everyone, making an appeal, it might be of assistance to speak to your GP/social worker/support worker.

The most important point I would make, is 74% of appeals, are found in the claimants favour.

If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Keep us informed.

Hope this helps.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @paullove I am sorry to hear about your experience with the assessment. How are you doing today? There's some information from the Citizen Advice website on tribunal hearings, I hope it goes well. Please keep us updated and if you have any questions, please let us know.
  • paullove
    paullove Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    thank you for your much appreciated help. I have only realised recently that when someone refers to reaching rock bottom; there are sadly more than one level.The ESA barely  maintains a meagre threadbare non-existence within which one cannot even use public transport,nor buy a coffee and a slice of cake.hpoefully, I can now see some light;through the kind words from the good people at scope.bug hugs.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.