ESA income premium underpayment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA income premium underpayment

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll need to wait for the letter which will hopefully arrive soon and that will tell you everything you need to know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bobogiz16
    bobogiz16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi i got an esa3 form they want it from may 2012, to 21/3/19 , i moved in with my partner on 29/10/2018 but was living alone up until then, i put my partner on the form andin extra info i put that i was living alone until last year and that i came off esa to go on my partners pension credits i also claim carers allowance for him is this going to affect anything ? Is everyone who claimed esa getting these forma or just the people they think were affected by the under payment ?
    I sent back the form recorded delivery will they still contact me in two weeks ? 
  • poppy123456
    bobogiz16 said:
    Hi i got an esa3 form they want it from may 2012, to 21/3/19 , i moved in with my partner on 29/10/2018 but was living alone up until then, i put my partner on the form andin extra info i put that i was living alone until last year and that i came off esa to go on my partners pension credits i also claim carers allowance for him is this going to affect anything ? Is everyone who claimed esa getting these forma or just the people they think were affected by the under payment ?
    I sent back the form recorded delivery will they still contact me in two weeks ? 
    Hi,

All those that were transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA are receiving the forms. If you were affected by the underpayment then you will receive any backdated money owed up until you moved in with your partner and your ESA stopped.

I wouldn't expect to be contacted as soon as 2 weeks because the waiting time for this is at least 12 weeks, a lot of people are waiting much longer than this. You will of course need to wait for them to assess you because it's impossible to know whether you're owed any money or not.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bobogiz16
    bobogiz16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Many thanks poppy
  • magsmith
    magsmith Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Just to let you know that I had money owing paid into my account today 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @magsmith, that's excellent news! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Liam65
    Liam65 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi all I've just received the ESA letter and form  , it states at the top of the letter that I was paid contribution based ESA from the 11 of November  2011 to 9th of November 2012 which replaced the incapacity benefit I was getting  , does this mean they are only looking to back date any money owed within those dates as I'm still on ESA now and most people seem to be getting back dates up till 2014  , I've arranged for help over the phone to help me fill in the form , but would appreciate it if anyone knows why its only stating a year at top of letter  , thanks in advance for any replies  ,
  • poppy123456
    Liam65 said:
    Hi all I've just received the ESA letter and form  , it states at the top of the letter that I was paid contribution based ESA from the 11 of November  2011 to 9th of November 2012 which replaced the incapacity benefit I was getting  , does this mean they are only looking to back date any money owed within those dates as I'm still on ESA now and most people seem to be getting back dates up till 2014  , I've arranged for help over the phone to help me fill in the form , but would appreciate it if anyone knows why its only stating a year at top of letter  , thanks in advance for any replies  ,
    Hi,

Yes, that's the dates you will be assessed from. It's most likely because you're now claiming the income related top up on your ESA. Everyone's dates are different and some people were assessed for the income related top up but a lot weren't.

Are you in the Support Group or WRAG?
  • Liam65
    Hi I'm in the employment and support group  , I've also been getting pip for around 2 years now  , I'm just confused about the dates they have given , thanks for the reply 
  • poppy123456
    Liam65 said:
    Hi I'm in the employment and support group  , I've also been getting pip for around 2 years now  , I'm just confused about the dates they have given , thanks for the reply 
    Is it a single or joint claim? ESA Support Group Income related for a single person up until April 2019 was £127.15 per week. This increased to £127.55 per week from 8th April 2019. It would be slightly more than this if its a joint claim.

If you're claiming just Contributions based then it's £110.75 per week. Are any of these the amounts you're receiving?

As advised, everyone's dates are different and you could have been assessed for the income related top up in 2012.
  • Liam65
    I was with my partner during that time period but my claim was separate  , since receiving pip around 2 years ago my ESA has been topped up as well so I recieve around £300 every 2 wks   ,sorry if I sound confusing but any letters forms etc gets my mind racing  , I'm not looking forward to the telephone call to fill in form either I just want it all out of the way so I don't stress  , thanks again for replying 
  • poppy123456
    Seems like you're already receiving the income related top up which is why the dates are only for 1 year up until 2012. DWP will have all the information from 2012 so to know for sure then you would need to ask them.
  • Liam65
    Thank you for the reply  , I'm pretty sure the top up was applied when I starting getting pip  , I've been told the phone call will just be mainly yes or no questions once that's done I will be able to relax and like you said they will know by there records what I was entitled too  , theres no reason for them to see me so that's a huge relief too  , this is my 1st time using a site for help are there anymore where you can chat to people who also have a mental illness  , 
  • Nikki76
    Nikki76 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    I have been waiting for mine to be looked at for 15 weeks now,since 21 March 2019 they had my form back
  • magsmith
    magsmith Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    It was probably about the same amount of time as that before I had the arrears Nikki. I did ring them when I didn't hear but not sure it made any difference. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.