Advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice

Scissorhandsjack
Scissorhandsjack Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
After talking to a neighbour she informs me that she has to fill in pip forms as change over from dla. Problem is she said she told dwp that someone else had filled out her form. She gave them a false name of someone and said they live here at my address. I live alone with my daughter and claim esa. Will this start cause me problems again as I have only just got my esa back after appeal not to mention she didn't ask me if this was OK. I'm now worried it will have repercussions for me as the person she said was an unknown man. She told them lies and it could have a bearing on my own claim. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

How very strange that they told them this, if you live alone. If DWP do contact you regarding this then all you have to do is send proof that it's just yourself and your daughter living at your address.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Scissorhandsjack
    Yes it is strange and can't understand what she will gain from telling lies. And possibly causing issues for someone else in the process. Thanks for the advice 
  • cjohn
    cjohn Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    After talking to a neighbour she informs me that she has to fill in pip forms as change over from dla. Problem is she said she told dwp that someone else had filled out her form. She gave them a false name of someone and said they live here at my address. I live alone with my daughter and claim esa. Will this start cause me problems again as I have only just got my esa back after appeal not to mention she didn't ask me if this was OK. I'm now worried it will have repercussions for me as the person she said was an unknown man. She told them lies and it could have a bearing on my own claim. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance
    Its the neighbour who will get in trouble for forging a made up name and lying because this person doesnt exist my advice is tell them the truth
  • Scissorhandsjack
    Cjohn thanks for the advice. Do you think I should give them a call or just wait and see
  • poppy123456
    Wait is my advice, your neighbour may just be trying to scare you. As you only live with your daughter then if they do contact you then tell them this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Scissorhandsjack
    Thanks poppy. I'm just so cross about it.
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Yes, i'm sure you are. Try not to worry about it (easier said than done i know) as you said you live with just your daughter so you have nothing to worry about.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.