Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

te1
te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Have just had f2f pip assessment and received a text message from DWP to say they have received the written report from assessor. Can I phone DWP to ask for a copy of the assessors written report before they send the dreaded decision out to me and can I do this straight away or do I need to wait a while before I can ask for it. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you live in the UK yes you can ring to request it to be sent to you Monday morning when they open.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • te1
    Hi thank you for your reply that's helpful I will call them on Monday even though I'm not looking forward to reading it 
  • te1
    Hi I have now received my pip assessment copy. Would appreciate some help with the washing and bathing question the assessor reported all the information but I'm slightly confused as to the points I scored on this one as at the bottom of the information she states. Therefore the evidence indicates the need for aids to be able to wash and bathe reliably. Did I not score because it says reliably rather than safely? 
  • poppy123456
    te1 said:
    Hi I have now received my pip assessment copy. Would appreciate some help with the washing and bathing question the assessor reported all the information but I'm slightly confused as to the points I scored on this one as at the bottom of the information she states. Therefore the evidence indicates the need for aids to be able to wash and bathe reliably. Did I not score because it says reliably rather than safely? 
    You need to look at the boxes with dots or ticks next to them. Use the PIP descriptors to compare those to see what is recommended. I find using the PIP self test is easier to use when doing this. Just transfer the dots from the boxes in the report to the PIP self test and then see what score is recommended at the end of the test.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    @te1 - you have to be able to satisfy any of the descriptors 'reliably'. 

Reliably means
    • Safely.
    • To an acceptable standard.
    • Repeatedly.
    • In a reasonable time.
    If you don't meet all of these then you don't satisfy the descriptor.

If the assessor has said that you need an aid and then scored you 0 it sounds like he/she has made a mistake. If it's significant i.e.  makes the difference between getting an award and not then you might need to ask them to correct this at a mandatory review..
  • te1
    Thank you for your reply can't say I'm impressed with the report there are a lot of spelling mistakes and sentences that don't make sense as words have been left out or added so I have to read them a couple of times to decifer what they actually meant to write. Twice in the report it says snot instead of not. 

• cristobal
    @te1 - I have only had one assessment but my report was the same.

Lots of typos, poor punctuation, one paragraph was completely unintelligible. It had certainly not been proofread and it came across as slapdash and unprofessional.

If someone working for me had produced such poor work I would have sent it straight back to be completely re-written.

• poppy123456
    I've seen 4 PIP reports in total, 2 for myself and 2 for my daughter and there's been typos in all of them. Did you add the recommended points up? Does it recommend an award?
  • te1
    Yes thank you I've added it up and looks like I will get the standard rate for daily living which is at least something I've been so stressed about it since the day I posted it and then waiting for the report. I just think it is very unprofessional and slapdash as well, as commented by Cristobal. 
  • cristobal
    @te1 - curiously when I raised the poor quality no-one seemed too concerned.

I did wonder if anyone had actually read all of my report as I can't see how anyone could come to a decision and not have noticed that parts of the report made no sense.

Well done anyway!!
  • poppy123456
    te1 said:
    Yes thank you I've added it up and looks like I will get the standard rate for daily living which is at least something I've been so stressed about it since the day I posted it and then waiting for the report. I just think it is very unprofessional and slapdash as well, as commented by Cristobal. 
    The question is, are you happy with that? What award do you currently have for DLA?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you happy with that? What award do you currently get? 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    cristobal said:
    @te1 - curiously when I raised the poor quality no-one seemed too concerned.

I did wonder if anyone had actually read all of my report as I can't see how anyone could come to a decision and not have noticed that parts of the report made no sense.

Well done anyway!!
    Despite promised action over the years, the DWP still continue to issue official letters akin to have been written by a child of 7. Probably they all have a common theme in that the DWP CAN understand these reports as they have a common language - balderdash!
  • te1
    te1 said:
    The question is, are you happy with that? What award do you currently have for DLA?

• te1
    Currently on low rate daily living so with the standard on pip I will be a little better off financially 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s good news. Seriously. 
  • te1
    I think it is as I could have lost everything from the horrendous stories I've seen on here and this Scope forum has been very helpful 
  • poppy123456
    As you're claiming low rate care DLA at the moment and your PIP report recommends standard daily living then this could entitle you to claim other benefits BUT it will depend on your circumstances and what other benefits you claim.
  • te1
    I need to make an appointment with CAB as I don't really know what I am entitled to I am currently receiving ssp as not been able to work since end of January, whilst working I was and still am getting working tax credits as I was working 16 hours but if I still can't return to work I will not be able to survive on standard pip rate for daily living so thank you for your help 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    te1 said:
    I need to make an appointment with CAB as I don't really know what I am entitled to I am currently receiving ssp as not been able to work since end of January, whilst working I was and still am getting working tax credits as I was working 16 hours but if I still can't return to work I will not be able to survive on standard pip rate for daily living so thank you for your help 
    Be aware that the DWP view a PIP award as monies paid entirely to cover the extra costs such as the purchase of disability aids, extra heating/water costs etc  that having a disability brings to the table. It is not paid to cover the normal day to day living costs that each and every one of us has.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.