What happens then? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens then?

Options
ConfusedPerson
ConfusedPerson Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I was on ESA now I am on Universal Credit. I have a disability and in 9 months my time runs out for Limited Work Capacity
But what hapens when the last year is overwith when it comes to my Limited Work Capacity? 

Will I be reassessed? Or do they just force you to have to look for work even if you cannot work?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Your limited capability for work doesn't end unless you're found fit for work. You can be re-assessed anytime from 3 month, which means at some point in the future you'll be sent more work capability assessment forms and you'll most likely have to attend another face to face assessment. Until that happens there's nothing to worry about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ConfusedPerson
    ConfusedPerson Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Okay, so they carry on much the same way like with ESA where they assess you and trea you a bit differently if they find you unfit for work. Thats good to know. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes. If you're found fit for work and you're claiming either the LCW or LCWRA element then these will stop, your claimant commitment will change and you will need to look for work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.