Waiting esa - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting esa

2»

Comments

• Susie55
    Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Well I've just had letter in post face to face assessment 23rd May  Can anyone tell me will my son be able to sit in with me on assessment.When I've gone before my son's taken me but I didn't think he was allowed in with me .My friend says yes he can because when she had hers years ago her sister sat in.A few weeks now of worrying myself stupid it seems never ending?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Providing your son is not a child then yes he will be able to go into the assessment with you. You will have to answer all the questions in your own words though. Sometimes the HCP will allow the person with you to prompt you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Susie55
    Yes he's 42 so that will be fine.Thanks for your reply?
  • Susie55
    Could anyone tell me when I have ESA face to face if they ask .e to do an activity that causes me pain,can I refuse like I did in my PIP face to face and not get penalised for refusing 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, you can refuse and it shouldn't go against you because they can't make you do something that causes you pain and discomfort. It's never gone against me but some people may say different and that it went against them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Susie55
    Well I'm starting to get stressed now for my ftof ESA assessment on Thursday afternoon it says to take any doctor's report or medical evidence with me,can anyo e tell me do I show these to assessor as I've never done previously,and also can I take my photocopied form in with me,to promt myself on questions or not With my M .E.i get what I call brain fog when I can't remember things.:-)
  • Susie55
    Hi it's me again sorry all for being a nuisance,on book it says identification I have a passport but it is out of date,I can't drive ,and I don't have utility bills I am paperless,it states 3things I've got to take is that right.I have birth certificate,bus pass,I've got a blue badge but that will be on car when we park.What else can I take,any ideas gladly welcome.:-)
  • poppy123456
    You can take evidence with you yes but didn't you send it when you returned the form?

Yes, you can take notes in with you, if you have chance to refer to them then that will be fine but you may not have chance to do that. I always find it rather difficult to take notes because the questions are always random and you never know what you're going to be asked. The questions will be based on a typical day for you and they will look at your ability to do any types of job.

ID.. yes, take the passport, even though it's out of date it still has your picture and then take the appointment letter. No need to take anything else.

About a week after the assessment ring DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • Susie55
    Great thankyou,i read it wrong i sent in medical evidence when i did my form,it says any hospital appointments to bring with you.So i can take my passport ,thankyou for your help.
  • poppy123456
    Future hospital appointment letters are not classed as evidence because it doesn't tell them anything about how your conditions affect you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.