'all the information we need' - paper assessment or form acknowledgement? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

'all the information we need' - paper assessment or form acknowledgement?

Paradigm
Paradigm Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hi, 

I got a letter from the DWP saying that they have all the information they need to make a decision and that they will contact me when a decision is made.  

When did you get this letter?

Is this the letter sent out to acknowledge they got your form, Or are they doing a paper assessment?

Thanks!

Comments

• Paradigm
    edited May 2019
    I've not been invited to interview, so I'll keep everything crossed it's a paper decision. Preferably with the correct award.  :|

I'm scared of getting my hopes up in case it just means that they are deciding whether I need an f2f or something. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The letter you received is a standard letter sent out only when they receive the assessment report back and they have all the information they need.

This will mean that a paper based assessment has been completed and you can ring DWP to request a copy of the PA3 report providing you live in the UK. They mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Paradigm
    Hi,

The letter you received is a standard letter sent out only when they receive the assessment report back and they have all the information they need.

This will mean that a paper based assessment has been completed and you can ring DWP to request a copy of the PA3 report providing you live in the UK. They mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    Oh, I didn't realise it meant the paper based assessment had been completed! I definitely want a copy of it. Do you know if their phone lines are open on bank holidays?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    They won't be open until Tuesday at 8am.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Paradigm and welcome to the community. Did you manage to get in touch with them today? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Paradigm
    Hi Andrian, 

I did manage to get in touch with them today. A PA3 form has been completed so they are going to post it to me. 

I am really hoping it suggests a good outcome so I don't have to see anyone in person.

I wasn't expecting a paper review at all.
  • Paradigm
    I hope the PA3 form doesn't take too long to come. I think I should expect about a week.

I am terrified that they will decided that my medical evidence doesn't line up and that's why its on paper. I was nearly sick.

I was missing a very important letter when I sent it. I lost mine and my GP can only find references to it. So I am having to ask a clinic I saw in 2016 for it.

I did send along about 40 pages of evidence which I hope aren't seen to contradict. Including my 18 page autism assessment.

Hopefully it was just to clear up a backlog of cases.
  • Paradigm
    edited May 2019
    I'm excited to say the backpay has arrived in my account. 

I am so relieved.

I was expecting this to be a long slog. Although I am not sure if I will need to appeal yet.

It only took 12 weeks for me, including a three week extension on the form. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's brilliant news @Paradigm. Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Paradigm
    edited May 2019
    That's brilliant news @Paradigm. Thanks for keeping us updated.
    It is, indeed. 

The only frustrating thing is that I didn't getting the mobility component as they decided I didn't have a cognitive problem and aren't overwhelmingly distressed.

However, I knew that the mobility under planning would be a tough draw to get standard.

I believe my evidence did support it but I can see where the confusion came in. I had lost the letter than tested the problem and my GP couldn't find it. They also discounted a number of problems for care for this reason but I still got 13.

I now have a copy from the hospital but it came only days before the decision.

I am a bit annoyed to have lost out over 5 years but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of appealing, since I was so close to the ER boundary.

As the assessor noted, my documents show I present better than my disability (I believe why it was justified for paper) so I think anyone seeing me would probably harm the case - even though I was honest.
  • Paradigm
    Nothing on my report was a lie though, so I believe the assessor was doing their best. I do have trouble with all the stuff marked. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.