DLA to PIP - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP

13»

Comments

• Dinkysaurus
    Dinkysaurus Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    I submitted everything with my application. Including three reports of hospital admissions that were a result of falling. My physio, neurologist, ortho surgeon, the CPN I was under for years all the letters that they sent to my GP about their findings. My nerve conduction studies I had at yearly intervals showing there were no signs of the nerves working at all. My GP records are all to do with my condition since 1998. I have never needed to visit him for any other reason at all.  
    There are other things on the care award that I will also dispute. As they are of a sensitive nature and private I cannot go into them,
    The mobility side the assessor did contradict herself, by saying what I could do by marking the descriptor but in her comments said something else. I mean its a blatant difference. I really don't think she was lying at all. It's such a glaringly obvious difference. 
    I will concentrate on the descriptors I need more evidence with examples of when it happened what happened. Safely and repeatedly are a big issue with my mobility. 
    I'm still waiting for my decision although I'm sure I won't be one of the lucky 20% that doesnt go along with the assessor. Having said that for my ESA it did, I think I have had my fair share of luck with over rulings at this stage. 
    I have also started a diary as advised. Im not expecting my decision for a few weeks yet. Then it will be MR time Im sure.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    They mostly go with the report, it's very rare for them to against it. I'm not sure where you got the 20% figure from for going against the report. 19% of MR decisions change, is that what you mean?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dinkysaurus
    Dinkysaurus Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Yes ...sorry. 
    Im aware its rare for them to go against the report. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.