Had assessment an no report sent from capita — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had assessment an no report sent from capita

dazz69
dazz69 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Has anyone had or got some advice as i attended a pip assessment on 21st feb 2019 an was told report would be sent to dwp..nearly 4weeks on an after contacting capita firstly i was told it was all good to go..week later stiĺl not sent apparently an IT issue an manager was looking into it..and now they say they dont know..an last week told was an IT issue again an just keep being told ring back following week for update!!!.....any help at all be very grateful dont know what else to do...ps also informed dwp an all they say is without report nothing they can do an had no guidelines on what length of time before they chase capita for report..

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering

@Dazz66
    It sounds like you've done all you can do to rectify the whereabouts where the form is.

Its a case of hoping it gets sorted and keep phoning the DWP. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• dazz69
    Many thanks iv just been told by capita so many different reasons dont know what to beleive anymore!!
    @Dazz66 I've dealt with Capita but never had any grief. Your just gonna Keep on at the DWP As Capita reckon they've sent the report back.

I know Capita are a**holes and have heard shocking things regarding them.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• dazz69
    No capita saying its not been sent to dwp all capita say is ring in few days for update four weeks now since assessment nothing else they can do..although they did promise a manager from capita would call me an he had 48hrs to respond that was a week ago still no call
    @Dazz66 looks like Capita might do another assessment then as they've lost it. Not saying you will have another assessment, but it don't look good.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's very likely that your report was chosen for audit. If it has been then this can delay returning it to DWP and there's no time scale how long it will be in audit for either. My daughter's first PIP claim in 2017 her report was sent to audit and it stayed there for 5 weeks. Absolutely nothing you can do until it's been returned to DWP. I know it's very frustrating.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dazz69
    Hi poppy many thanks ..what does this actually mean an is that why they keep saying its am IT issue when i ring as they say there are 20 other reports as well from other people an does it affect outcome?
  • dazz69
    Update on this apparently was sent to dwp on 22-3-19 so hope all good now
  • meaghan
    meaghan Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    I had my assessment done 28th feb after ringng for 8 wks told it was still with capitia chosen for audit ..then got call need a second assessment no reason given ...awful process just waiting on second reassessment 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    meaghan said:
    I had my assessment done 28th feb after ringng for 8 wks told it was still with capitia chosen for audit ..then got call need a second assessment no reason given ...awful process just waiting on second reassessment 
    Have you not questioned/complained about having another assessment?

• meaghan
    yes I have complained very vocally and demanded why this has happened ,they said its for more imformation even though I was previously told they have all the info and wont need another assessment ,I have had the second assessment HC assessor had no idea about 1st assessment and I had to have full assessment again from start to finished . so stressful so now its another waiting game ,so from I first applied for pip it is 21 weeks at present and counting ,my anxiety has been through the roof very unfair I think ..my personal view is I think the lost my 1st assessment ,but who knows ,,
  • meaghan
    Thank you yes thats a very good idea .it makes sense just hadnt heard it been done before but hopefully im not waiting as long this time for outcome ...
  • twonker
    ilovecats said:
    meaghan said:
    yes I have complained very vocally and demanded why this has happened ,they said its for more imformation even though I was previously told they have all the info and wont need another assessment ,I have had the second assessment HC assessor had no idea about 1st assessment and I had to have full assessment again from start to finished . so stressful so now its another waiting game ,so from I first applied for pip it is 21 weeks at present and counting ,my anxiety has been through the roof very unfair I think ..my personal view is I think the lost my 1st assessment ,but who knows ,,
    Chances are is that the first assessment was not good enough and there was too much information to allow for just a phone call to you. It may be that amendments needs to be made but the original assessor left before they could be done. They won't have lost it, it will be because it was not good enough. It works in your favour because absent information generally means no proof = no award. 
    Given that this is a mess created by a DWP agency/contractor and the claimant is being put to more stress and upset, I presume, should there not be compensation to be paid?
  • meaghan
    Its very stressful having 2 assessments so close together and still no decision..the second assessor was shocked she hadn't been informed of first 1 i had with no reason given ..they dont realise or else they just dont care the stress we are put under i have been so unwell since all this started ..its a sham ..thank you for all the help ..
  • twonker
    meaghan said:
    Its very stressful having 2 assessments so close together and still no decision..the second assessor was shocked she hadn't been informed of first 1 i had with no reason given ..they dont realise or else they just dont care the stress we are put under i have been so unwell since all this started ..its a sham ..thank you for all the help ..
    The attitude does seem to suggest that it is all one sided. They make the mess - hard luck on the claimant. Then if you want to carry on with the claim you have to go through it all again with no offer of apology or explanation.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.