failed my ESA assessment for the 2nd time - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

failed my ESA assessment for the 2nd time

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The thing is, we are all different, just because you both have the same health problems doesn't mean it would affect you in the same way.. and honestly, people shouldn't take their **** out on others like that. Was this a person that works for the council? If so it might be worth having a moan about her to the council. Up to you though.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If i went to my council offices and was spoken to with an attitude like that then i would have been straight on the phone to make a complaint.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    I had the same off my previous housing patch manager, she spoke to me like I was stupid (some do that when you tell them you have mental health problems) and spoke to my son perfectly fine, even my son noticed it, so after that I tried not to contact her for anything, I think we have a new patch manager now.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Options
    had a meeting this morning with Mark Spencer my local MP, and gave him all my details and experiences and some quotes from online from here and other disability web sites on facts and figures etc, so he says he will bring it up next week with the head of the DWP and see if he can get some answers, i told him about the lies being told by assessors with proof of them, and also how people like myself and others with 5 previous assessments were all scoring 0 points the same, shown him the links and figures for the over turn rate at Tribunal etc and he listens and was shocked how poor the system wasn't working, as yes wasn't was the correct word, as was it surely isn't.

so fingers crossed, still nothing to report of the Mandatory Reconsideration letter sent, as no reply as yet, tested and failed in march the 19th, letter sent explaining it to me on the 14th of April and letter of Mandatory Reconsideration sent a few days later,. phoned a few times, but no news or reply as yet, so will wait 6 weeks from sending and see how i go, as i'm 99.9% it will be a Tribunal again, and now look forward to it, stress and all, just to prove a point, lying gets no one anything, and i'm not prepared to get coaching on how to pass a assessment either, just to make them feel happier, it needs to be fit for purpose and honest from both sides, no be lied to on the day, or be told on the day that if i don't take part because of no recording equipment it will go down as I've missed it either, i asked in writing and on the day and was told, it wasn't needed and if i refused the assessment, it wouldn't be in my interest, should have stood my ground then and there and left and given it the reason, then once recorded, they can't lie with your replies and answers,...

my written replies don't match no where near her written ones, so rather a larger conflict, and with me doing 5, yes i do know how the system works, don't trip myself up or forget, i'm honest, seems i've just found and had another dishonest one

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.