Pip and carers when to claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and carers when to claim?

NikNak85
NikNak85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
I have applied for pip and had my f2f assessment I got a text to say the dwp had received it. I called and am waiting to receive my copy. If it looks like i have enough points to get pip does my partner have to wait for the actual award letter to claim carers or can we get the ball rolling once I have the report? Sorry for the long winded post lol 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,929 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You will need a daily living award of PIP for your partner to be able to claim carers allowance for looking after you and you'll need to wait for the decision to be made.

Your partner also mustn't be earning any more than £123 per week after deductions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • NikNak85
    NikNak85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you no she doesn't I am on ESA and she is on a joint claim with me as she is needed at home to care for me. Fingers crossed I will be accepted and we wont have to do the mc xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,929 Disability Gamechanger
    When you receive the assessment report look for the boxes with dots/ticks and compare them against the PIP descriptors to see what score, if any is recommended. Once the decision is made, if you're not happy then you have 1 month to request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.