Backdating PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdating PIP

theo1985
theo1985 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi so after 15 months I won my pip appeal new claim. It has only been back dated 12months. Can they only back date up to a year.  Also I understand it take up to 8 weeks for back payment but when will I start to receive my monthly payment thanks 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @theo1985 and a warm welcome to the community! Congratulations on winning your appeal! I hope someone on the community is able to help regarding your questions :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's backdated to the date of the original decision decision providing at the time you had those conditions for at least 3 months.

Backdated payments can take 8 weeks yes and around the same time for your payments to start. This is because DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but to do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons. Once they receive this they have to find an error in law before they can appeal. They do sometimes request this but it doesn't mean they will appeal. If they request it then they'll write to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.