PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Backdating PIP

theo1985theo1985 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi so after 15 months I won my pip appeal new claim. It has only been back dated 12months. Can they only back date up to a year.  Also I understand it take up to 8 weeks for back payment but when will I start to receive my monthly payment thanks 

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @theo1985 and a warm welcome to the community! Congratulations on winning your appeal! I hope someone on the community is able to help regarding your questions :)
    Scope

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's backdated to the date of the original decision decision providing at the time you had those conditions for at least 3 months.

Backdated payments can take 8 weeks yes and around the same time for your payments to start. This is because DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but to do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons. Once they receive this they have to find an error in law before they can appeal. They do sometimes request this but it doesn't mean they will appeal. If they request it then they'll write to you.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.