Getting a P60U from the DWP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting a P60U from the DWP?

Frankincense
Frankincense Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all. New member here. 
I’ve been doing Permitted Work on a self employed basis for three years now, whilst on ESA, and am due to do my tax return shortly. I have received a P60U in the post for the previous two years from the DWP, but this year, one hasn’t been forthcoming.
I’ve tried phoning them, but have sat on the phone for ages, without them replying...
In searching the web, it appears paper P60’s are being phased out, so my query is if anyone knows how to get a tally of my taxable benefits from the DWP?
Many thanks in advance ?

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Frankincense welcome to the community. How are you doing today?
    I am sorry to hear this. Have you been able to get in touch with them again, recently?

I'm not sure but some of our members may be able to answer your question.
  • Frankincense
    Hi Antonia. I’m doing OK thanks...
    I’ve spent approx. 45, 35 and now 25 minutes waiting for my call to be answered by the ESA Helpline in the last three days, to no avail...
    I also went into my local JobCentre Plus, to be told phone the very number I can’t get a reply on!?
    It is a tad frustrating, and any help and advice from members with similar experiences would be appreciated...
    I am thinking of writing to the DWP to request a P60U, but am dreading them replying by saying phone the non-answering number ?
    Best wishes
    F ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

DWP do still send out the P60's but i'm not sure when. It can often take as long as 1 hour for them to answer the phone and very often ringing as soon as they open is better. It's a free number to ring as well, which is good. I know waiting is annoying but writing to them isn't reliable because you may find you still won't have any answers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Frankincense that's good to hear.
    Ah, I see that is a long wait, I can understand why you would feel frustrated. That might be a good idea and hopefully they will respond with a solution and not the number again. :)

Have you tried your local CAB or HMRC?

• Frankincense
    Thanks for the help @poppy123456

Sadly, I do my permitted work at what would appear to be the very time I am more likely to get a call answered by the DWP ? 
    I will send off the letter, and if it has no effect, will have to bite the bullet and sit on the helpline until they answer ?

@Antonia_Scope I did try to phone HMRC, but it was a similar message/story to the ESA Helpline, so put the phone down ?

Thanks again all

F ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    From memory the DWP issued P60's don't usually arrive until June
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Frankincense
    Thanks @woodbine

I’ve written to them, so if it is not forthcoming shortly, I will wait until the end of June, then ring them again ? 

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @Frankincense i have just received mine in the post today, it was dated 4/5/19 so there is still time for yours to come
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Frankincense, hope you are doing okay. Has there been any update about the P60? :)
    Scope

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    I've received a P60 today. And was dated 4th May.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Frankincense
    I’m doing OK thanks ? No sign of a P60U as yet, so I will leave it to later next week, and if it doesn’t arrive, I will endeavour to phone them ? Thanks for everyone’s input, and it is nice to not feel I am alone with my issue ?

F ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    No problem at all @Frankincense- hope it does arrive soon! :)
    Scope

• Frankincense
    @Chloe_Scope @Government_needs_reform
    I’m happy to say my P60U arrived today, dated 04/05/19, so I can now fill in my tax return.
    I’m a ‘do it yesterday’ type of person, so was panicking a bit when it didn’t show, even though I have until the end of January to do it ?

Thanks to everyone again, much appreciated ?

F ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Glad to read that it finally arrived @Frankincense.
    Eight months early, that's very proactive of you! Although much better than leaving it to the last minute. It's always a weight off the shoulders once complete. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Antonia_Alumni
    I'm really glad to hear this @Frankincense :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Really happy to hear it arrived @Frankincense! That certainly is forward planning- I love it! :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.