Which timescale? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Which timescale?

slondon22
slondon22 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning all, just a thought , I told assessor I need help with exercises between fifteen mins and 30 mins a day , which time scale will she take ? only could make a difference on managing therapy questions ?  

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning, i don’t think it Will matter as it’s only one descriptor, but you can request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can have a look and see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your award notification letter.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Therapy in your own home must have been prescribed or recommended by a registered doctor, nurse, pharmacist or health professional regulated by the Health Professions Council.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • slondon22
    Yes my physiotherapist recommended that I  exercise and showed me what and how to do them which can take me and my partner between 15/30 mins a day which I told assessor .

My questions is .... I noticed on points scoring ( help with therapy etc , ) “ needs help with therapy for no more that 35 hours a week which equates to half an hour a day , but I told her I need help between 15 & 30 mins a day , what time will she have taken , cause if it’s 15 mins. would score less for that activity ?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The descriptor is Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes no more than 3.5 hours a week and this could score 2 points under activity C. Requesting a copy of the assessment report as advised will tell you what the recommendations are.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • slondon22
    Yes thank you I did that last week so waiting now, these bits just go through your head as you read up on things don’t they ! Always good to talk it through with folk who know what there talking about ! Many thanks ! 
  • slondon22
    As I understand it ,it’s not just mental health reasons , I need help physically to do exercises as discussed with physio .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.