pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessment

Options
tracey13
tracey13 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie please bear with me, I feel I have to share my experience with the pips system.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tracey13

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today!!!!!

Yes it will be great to have your input from the “pip assessment process”

We do have many members who have  been through or are just starting there own pip journey’s.

@steve51
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @tracey13  Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

We as a community do understand what you are going through. Are here to be supportive, ready to listen.

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tracey13 and a warm welcome to the community! There is no rush at all! How are you doing today? If you would like to share your PIP experience we have a PIP board that you might be interested in :) 

Please do let me know if there is anything else we can do to help!
    Scope

• tracey13
    Options
    Thank you all for making me welcome, my issue is I've just had my pips review back, I'm absolutely devastated by what I've found, my first assesment 18 months was ok, still very degrading and stressful but got through it, I suffer with epilepsy and have limited mobility due to having a metal plate and 15 pins in my lower leg, also a broken left elbow which is locked in place, I was originally given the lowest payment which was £57 per week, I was so grateful, my epilepsy has never been taken into account, so unfortunately my condition has worsen so I informed DWP, my review was 6 weeks ago, this was one of the worse experience I've ever had, the assessment was taken by a lady who was generally unsympathetic cand extremely cold, her first words to me was you've had one of these before so let's get on with it, my main support comes from a family member and my daughter, my family friend came with me as I can't travel on public transport, he was told straight away that even though he's with me all day everyday he wasn't allowed to comment, it clearly states anyone that sees your daily struggles can help and explain how things go. It went from bad to worse, she wasn't bothered about me or my disabilities, she constantly tried to catch me out, so the report came through today, and they've decided that I now no longer need pips. The actual report is a bitter pill to swallow, there are constant lies that the assessor has written, thank god I've a witness. The stress off going to the assessment was bad enough, the six week wait was pure toture, getting this result has already had an effect my me having an episode with my epilepsy, I've been physically sick and crying all day, I know you can appeal it which I will do one my support worker rings me hopefully in the next few days. Nobody deserves to be treated like this, thank you for listening. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Good morning Tracey, I am so sorry you had to go through such an awful assessment! Especially to not get the result you expected. It is possible for you to appeal the decision in the hope of gaining PIP again. I understand this may seem like a daunting process after the initial assessment but there are so many people on the community who have been through the same thing and who would be able to offer advice and guidance. Here is the information on how to appeal. I also could move this thread into the PIP section and ask people to help with the process if you would like! Please do let me know if there is anything else I can do to help :)
    Scope

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @tracey13 welcome to the community. I am really sorry to hear this. How are you doing today? If you are not feeling any better, please contact your GP. If you have any questions, please let us know and keep us updated.:)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read your about your most recent pip assessment experience @tracey13. Have you managed to get in touch with your support worker about putting in an appeal? The first stage is mandatory reconsideration and if that isn't successful you can take it to tribunal.
    Please keep in touch and let us know if we can help in any way!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tracey13
    Options
    Thank you for your help, yes I'm waiting for her to ring to process the appeal, unfortunately I knew my fate as soon as I got in there, I was punished for actually turning up and having a shower?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    Hi Tracey, I don't really know what to say other than I'm really sorry this has happened to you, the stress of these assessments is a lot to deal with, I'm still waiting to find out about my PIP review. 

I hope that your support worker can help with your MR, sending you lots of hugs.
  • tracey13
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, unfortunately the lady who assessed me wasn't pleasant and wouldn't listen to anything, I had to go to my GP and he has had to put me a mild sedative and antidepressants, thanks to pips?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Please be aware that they won't be able to take into consideration any worsening condition after the decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Morning @tracey13, so sorry to hear the PIP assessment has knocked you. Please do be in touch if you need anymore support around the appeal
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.