Pip review assessment please help - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review assessment please help

13»

Comments

• hope25
    hope25 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    Honestly I can't think straight , i asked if he would read some over the phone to me and he's literally scored me 0 on most of the descriptors ... They haven't made a decision yet on mine yet either but going off that what the assessor put it's a no no ... I was ill on the day aswell so I don't know why he has said what he's said they shouldn't put people through this 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Yeah, it makes our mental health worse and even physical health.

While you are waiting for a decision, see if you have a advice centre in your area that can help, like CAB, Welfare Rights etc.
  • hope25
    It's awful isn't it ... Why do they lie like this I don't understand it's all gone against me because I don't have a cpn anymore and only have access to CBT he's put I have no input from mental health teams ... It's not fair we are judged by that when we've gone through all resources they discharge you because there's nothing they can do once diagnosed apart from therapy and medication and sometimes that doesn't work .

I've just rang CAB but there's nothing they can do till I have a decision then they will help me with the MR so I've just got to wait now .

I wish I'd never asked tbh it's sent my head west least I know what to expect I suppose

Fingers crossed for you .
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks, I don't know how this assessment went, I'll just have to way and see what the report says.

I was sat here all anxious when my Son called to ask for the report, I was relieved when he said a decision hadn't been made yet lol, yes I am a tad weird!
  • hope25
    Well I hope it all goes well , your not weird I felt the same tbh just wish I hadn't asked what was written in the report 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
    Thanks, I think you probably asked because waiting was also making you anxious and messing with your mental health? and then when it was bad news that made you feel worse. When I first claimed PIP I wasn't at all worried about the end result and that's because I wasn't getting the money to start with but now I am getting the money, I am now worried about the end result.. I would say that out of all of my health problems, my mental health problems causes me the most grief.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    hope25 said:
    I don't have a cpn anymore and only have access to CBT he's put I have no input from mental health teams ... It's not fair we are judged by that when we've gone through all resources they discharge you because there's nothing they can do once diagnosed apart from therapy and medication and sometimes that doesn't work .
    Assessors tend to work on the basis that a claimant not involved in receiving consultant led care does not have a serious enough mental health problem to warrant a PIP award.
    I understand what you mean about being discharged back to the GP which was the same for me. According to their assessment report I no longer have any mental illness! Me wonders why I am still on 200mg of Sertraline daily and always have the opportunity of going back to the consultant if I think things are going downhill.
    I gave up fighting that part of the battle with the DWP as no matter what I say or evidence would never change their mind simply because I am not wasting the valuable time seeing a consultant when I don't need him. 
  • [Deleted User]
    I no longer have treatment but was awarded PIP in 2014 mainly based on my mental health problems and no, I didn't have pages of evidence either, I had two letters, one confirmed what I had the other was my GP stating I had trying various things to help myself but nothing worked, I was awarded enhanced for 5 years. My previous GP refused to give these assessment centres a lot of info, she said they weren't properly qualified. She was always pretty supportive and never charged me for letters.

I mean it could be different now? I don't know. I had my review assessment last month, so I'll have to say what the report says when I get it.
  • hope25
    Well I've received my assessment report today and he's scored me fit and healthy basically ... It says to review me after two years as I do have long term mental health conditions but scored me according to the actual day he saw me saying I can do this and that without any help  .. I wasn't well and I can prove that as I went to the doctor's the day after also I was so nervous my legs were shaking and I was sat fanning myself with the leaflet... He's said I was fine answered all his questions have a good understanding of my mental health which he didn't even ask me ect... It makes me laugh they can acknowledge people have issues but say they are fine how do they know from an hour being with them especially when they have lots of evidence regarding how disabilities affect us , how are they allowed to go against the people who know us ! 
  • hope25
    WF2k said:
    Thanks, I think you probably asked because waiting was also making you anxious and messing with your mental health? and then when it was bad news that made you feel worse. When I first claimed PIP I wasn't at all worried about the end result and that's because I wasn't getting the money to start with but now I am getting the money, I am now worried about the end result.. I would say that out of all of my health problems, my mental health problems causes me the most grief.
    Yes i understand , in all honesty I want to get back into work but it's so hard when you constantly overthinking I have no idea where to start and mental health doesn't just go away in a blink , I can't sleep it's making me worse I have a family I'm scared I'm not good enough for them and my friend keeps telling me I can work and what jobs to go for but I've said no I feel like I need to get support to help me back into work he doesn't understand he says ive annoyed him I say no to every job he mentions ... It's just not that easy I don't know if its just me honestly I feel like such a failure and burden again at the minute .
    I don't know if they do but I feel like my friend doesn't like me anymore I get this a lot though s..it's completely irrelevant to the issue of pip .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.