I'm considering going to tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm considering going to tribunal

Options
jackjones
jackjones Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm so glad I found this group. Awarded PIP. Have Osteoarthritis all over. Strokes leaving left sided weakness and use aids to get about at home and wheelchair outside. Pip reassessment as mobility worse but took 2 points off my care bit saying I can somehow miraculously now dress without help. My fault. On form I didn't mention that I need help with underwear socks etc as I thought mobility just being reassessed. Asked for mandatory reconsideration and said help still needed but at f2f assessor didn't ask about dressing needs. Decision upheld and now I'm considering going to tribunal. Question is is it worth the hassle as I should have put it on form initially.

Comments

• HandsOfFriendship
    HandsOfFriendship Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I would definitely keep going at them they will agree you need help and remember,  you can ask family members who help with your care to submit evidence . Good luck 
  • jackjones
    Options
    Thank you just worried they may say it's my fault and I should have mentioned it on the original form
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jackjones and welcome

You don't say what your current award is or how long. Tribunal waiting times in some areas exceed a year.

Yes you should have included this on your form, they will not know about it if you haven't told them. But it does not change the fact that you need assistance
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jackjones
    Options
    I get pip mobility until 2024. Prior to this I just had daily living 8 points until 2021 but on reassessment I lost 2 points so have lost the daily living.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are three courses of action that you could take
    ! )  appeal current decision to tribunal
    2 ) if your condition worstens then a change of circumstance could get your award looked at again
    3 ) wait until you have your next review

It is always a good idea to get trained help form an agency near you, CAB, Welfare rights or similar
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.