Rejected PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rejected PIP

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The success rate of MR's have always been low and only 18% of decisions change. Not sure what a local MP can do about that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Well at least I'm doing something about it. It's a start, unless you know who to contact, who can do something about it ? Strange why you don't share my outrage over this.
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's been known for a long time that only 20% of MRs win.  If MPs have tried to do something about it, they've not been successful, of course.  All those unsuccessful at MR can do is appeal to a tribunal - where 71% win.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Strange why you don't share my outrage over this.
    Meaning?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Craig72
    Craig72 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Options
    I have my P. I. P  tomorrow I have no chance... I'm at the low end I guess but struggle slot everyday.... I can't get any lower that I am at this point... 
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Meaning, why don't you share my outrage over this, does it not bother you disabled folks of all walks of life are being deliberately cheated out of their entitlements ?
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Meaning, why don't you share my outrage over this, does it not bother you disabled folks of all walks of life are being deliberately cheated out of their entitlements ?
    Of course it bothers me but what good is it going to do me by getting angry about it..... nothing. I've never had any problems claiming PIP and neither has my daughter.

Not every disabled person is entitled to PIP.
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Craig72 said:
    I have my P. I. P  tomorrow I have no chance... I'm at the low end I guess but struggle slot everyday.... I can't get any lower that I am at this point... 
    Hi Craig72 do not give up after 18 months I now have a date for my tribunal and i think that they hope that you give up before you go to the PIP assessment just keep strong and i hope you get it all the best.
  • Craig72
    Options
    Well it's a bit late for that burnt out...from all of it advance osteoarthritis in both knees  and spondiltis in my back...but because I can turn my hands over I'm fine.... ???
  • Gerald
    Options
    Of course it bothers me but what good is it going to do me by getting angry about it..... nothing. I've never had any problems claiming PIP and neither has my daughter.

Ok i'm happy that you have had know problems with PIP poppy123456 it just at my assessment in the report it had i had know Mental Health Problems as i know road signs as is assessment did not look at the info from my doctor that i was in counselling for my Severe Depression and Anxiety and that the Psychiatric medication i'm on is at the top dose that you can take so who is right the  Assessor at my assessment or my Doctor and the Mental Health councillor or do you go with the Assessors can read a road sign Assessment on Mental Health you tell me.
  • Craig72
    Options
    Thank you Gerald fingers crossed.... 
  • Gerald
    Options
    Go get them Craig72 hope you get it all the best 
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Options
    @DiLited
    It sounds very much like my assessment. I suffer with a Cerebral Spinal Leak which was caused by a spinal block 7 years ago and it’s symptoms  are unbelievably painful and debilitating. I also suffer with an Eroded Trans Vaginal Orbatrator  Tape which is also extremely painful and debilitating and throws in continence into the mix as well. She admitted that she’d never heard of it. This has brought on Fibromyalgia and causes me great difficulty with everyday living. I also suffer with Bipolar. These conditions are far to complex for a Physiotherapist to have enough knowledge and experience of to make an informed decision. She concentrated on depression only and not the manic side of Bipolar and repeatedly insisted that the pain in my back from the spinal block until I finally agreed with her. The pain in my lower back, groin, hips, legs and feet are due to the eroded tape. I haven’t received my report yet but I’m not holding out much hope and am already preparing for a mandatory consideration. 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Gerald said:

Ok i'm happy that you have had know problems with PIP poppy123456 it just at my assessment in the report it had i had know Mental Health Problems as i know road signs as is assessment did not look at the info from my doctor that i was in counselling for my Severe Depression and Anxiety and that the Psychiatric medication i'm on is at the top dose that you can take so who is right the  Assessor at my assessment or my Doctor and the Mental Health councillor or do you go with the Assessors can read a road sign Assessment on Mental Health you tell me.
    In fact the majority of PIP claimants actually get the award that they are entitled to without any problems. It's only a very small number of claimants that need to go to appeal - less than 1%.

• Gerald
    Options
    twonker said:
    Gerald said:

In fact the majority of PIP claimants actually get the award that they are entitled to without any problems. It's only a very small number of claimants that need to go to appeal - less than 1%.

So twonker  you are going with the assessments are actually working that good to know then how is it that the amount asking for a tribunal as gone up every year on year ?????????????????????????????????
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Many applicants get the award they think they DON'T deserve - but they can't face going beyond MR, and some don't even ask for MR.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.