PIP reconsideration refused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP reconsideration refused

Stephwinny
Stephwinny Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m Steph and my 16 year old with Asperger has been refused any points in his pip reconsideration

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Stephwinny welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. You now have 28 days to apply for a Mandatory Reconsideration. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Stephwinny and a very warm welcome to the community! Was this a review of his PIP or was this after having appealed the decision (Mandatory Reconsideration)? If you are yet to appeal the decision then, like @Ami2301 said, you would need to look into a Mandatory Reconsideration (more info here). If you have already done the MR then the tribunal stage can be found here. I understand this is an extremely daunting and stressful time for everyone involved so please do not hesitate to be in touch :)
    Scope

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Stephwinny I am sorry to hear about outcome. Please keep us updated with the process. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.