the never ending dwp capita journey unbelivable — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

the never ending dwp capita journey unbelivable

okehmelc
okehmelc Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
nce i last posted   in this forum in 2017 i would like to ask if anybody can give me advice on my claim. since my last post i would like to update whats happened to me. twice the dwp have closed down my claim because i did not attend a face to face assesmant my case has been going on since 2016 it started when an assessor lied and she said i swore in my assesmant repeatadly and closed my assesmant down as she felt threatened by myself and my partner who is herself a  civil servant with 20 years + experience and unblemished record since the first assesmant the dwp have closed my case offically twice . irefused to go to there face to face again after how i was treated in there building but said i would happily have a home visit which is the only choice i knew of the dwp recomended to capita for nearl;y 18 months for a home visit.today i got partial information on a sars request and discovered i had unacceptable customer behaviour marker on my  claim.with a pv marker as well  with a note saying i should be seen by a lone officer  i was devasted that is on my record when no actual incident had occured because the assesor lied..in febuary of this year the appeals tribunal overruled the dwp and said i had good reason not to attend a face to face. for 18 months the dwp had recomended a  home visit to capita knowing full well i wouldnt get one with that marker on my claim which i think is deliberate  on there part ive complained to dwp about the length of time my case has taken.First point here is why wasnt i informed about this marker which is a potentially violent claimant marker with the extra condition i shouldnt be seen by a lone officer they did not inform me and recommended to capita i should get a home vist when they no if that markers on my claim i wouldnt get a home visit i think that is an absolute abuse of power i went to appeal in febuary 2019 and they have made no contact with me not a phone not a letter nothing since then i have had to ask for sars request toi get my information 2016 started my claim and im no further on than when it started these departmeents asre not fit for purpose and you can imagine the stress ive had over three years having to consistantly chase them up regarding my case the only correspondace ive had off them in writing is both times they shut my case down because of not attending a face to face im appalled at there complete disregard for me as a human bieng please ask me anything about my case and i will tell you whats happened and clarify anything you dont understand( melvin clapton) ps excuse spelling and punctuatiom im not good at either - clea

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @okehmelc I am sorry to hear what you have been through and seeing what was put on your claim. I commend your courage in this process. Have you received any update recently?
  • okehmelc
    nce i last posted   in this forum in 2017 i would like to ask if anybody can give me advice on my claim. since my last post i would like to update whats happened to me. twice the dwp have closed down my claim because i did not attend a face to face assesmant my case has been going on since 2016 it started when an assessor lied and she said i swore in my assesmant repeatadly and closed my assesmant down as she felt threatened by myself and my partner who is herself a  civil servant with 20 years + experience and unblemished record since the first assesmant the dwp have closed my case offically twice . irefused to go to there face to face again after how i was treated in there building but said i would happily have a home visit which is the only choice i knew of the dwp recomended to capita for nearl;y 18 months for a home visit.today i got partial information on a sars request and discovered i had unacceptable customer behaviour marker on my  claim.with a pv marker as well  with a note saying i should be seen by a lone officer  i was devasted that is on my record when no actual incident had occured because the assesor lied..in febuary of this year the appeals tribunal overruled the dwp and said i had good reason not to attend a face to face. for 18 months the dwp had recomended a  home visit to capita knowing full well i wouldnt get one with that marker on my claim which i think is deliberate  on there part ive complained to dwp about the length of time my case has taken.First point here is why wasnt i informed about this marker which is a potentially violent claimant marker with the extra condition i shouldnt be seen by a lone officer they did not inform me and recommended to capita i should get a home vist when they no if that markers on my claim i wouldnt get a home visit i think that is an absolute abuse of power i went to appeal in febuary 2019 and they have made no contact with me not a phone not a letter nothing since then i have had to ask for sars request toi get my information 2016 started my claim and im no further on than when it started these departmeents asre not fit for purpose and you can imagine the stress ive had over three years having to consistantly chase them up regarding my case the only correspondace ive had off them in writing is both times they shut my case down because of not attending a face to face im appalled at there complete disregard for me as a human bieng please ask me anything about my case and i will tell you whats happened and clarify anything you dont understand( melvin clapton) ps excuse spelling and punctuatiom im not good at either
  • okehmelc
    hi Mike
    the DWP in conersation with them have admitted they were wrong not to inform of the marker in august 2017 and have now sent me the letter in i should of got then. i always denied what happened at my assesmant never happend and i should have been given the chance   to appeal that marker since 2017 that marker has stopped me haveing a home assesmant as that marker prevents it happening so for nearly two years the DWP have recomended home visits knowing i cant have one because of marker.  melvin

• okehmelc
    my reason for not attending there face to face was the way i was treated at the original assesmant and i wouldnt go to there assesmant again as the assessor lied but i would have a home visit at any time

• okehmelc
    edited May 2019
    my  appeal was that i did have good reason not to attend face to face and the tribunal aggreed  my marker also has conditions so now DWP are going down the paper based road which they could and should of done 18 months ago

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.