Need assistance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need assistance

Options
jbautismaware11
jbautismaware11 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited May 2019 in Autism and neurodiversity
Im a parent of a 7 yr old autistic child.
In September, SUPPOSEDLY the school SENCO will help me apply for a ehcp as the deadline for it all to go through is now finished. Firstly the school SENCO has done nothing for my son. She's admitted he needs more help and hes struggling in mainstream but thats only saying it verbal to me. No actual evidence. I've been asking for a ehcp since yr 1 and he's now yr 3 soon to be yr 4. He's had a speech and language therapist since nursery and this year they took it off him but now realised hes struggling. The STARS team have had another referral sent to them to help my son. Still waiting. They have taken his full time TA off of him and he now has a TA for half an hour. He' doesn't no wether he's coming or going, hes scared to death, And hes violent to me when I force and drag him to school. He doesn't sleep due to his anxiety. It keeps him up while early morning panicking about school in the morning. Sleep nurse involved. Paediatrician referred him. Hes hypersensitive has ear defenders. Visual aids and he lives by routine. Im house bound due to his anxiety. He has dietician only eats chicken nuggets and wotsits. Hes got allsorts of health problems. He's got a dentist which is for special needs people. And the list goes on and on and on.
I'm sick to death of the primary school not listening to me. I've had numerace meetings with SENCO and its basically a "We will sort it" reply but never follows through. So wether SENCO does it or not, I'm applying for a ehcp in September this year coming.
But.... I really desperately need a independent support advisor to have a look at paperwork and evidence I have, attend meetings as i have no idea or knowledge.
I'm really upset and embarrassed to tell you that my understanding of paperwork, laws and big words are confusing to me and I really don't understand them. I dont have a disability but I'm not brainy or clever. I'm a good mum but its just big words, laws paperwork and meetings I don't understand. People keep saying contact sendiass but i want somebody to actually fight for me and my son and tell me what to say, do, evidence, meetings aswell as sendiass. I keep getting passed back to sendiass but I've got friends at the same school my asd child attends, their children have the same disability, and people from scope attended meetings with them, and went through paperwork with senco before the assessment got sent. And scope was there through assessments. Please help I'm lost. My friend with asd child actually asked me to contact you for a independent support advisor to come help me.
Regards
X

Comments

Brightness