PIP Report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Report

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hmm that advice you were given about not sending the evidence and if unsuccessful then send it in is not the way i would have done it.

A lot of people think there's certain words that you have to use when filling out those forms but really there isn't. You just need to make sure you put as much information as possible. I have no idea of the "correct words" or what is meant by that because i'm no expert. I just claim PIP myself but filled in my daughters PIP review form myself this time and it's the first time i've ever done that. I did it exactly the way i advise other to do it on here and added those real life examples and she had a paper based assessment.

Sometimes it's not always great to get help filling out those forms because the only person that really knows how your conditions affect you is yourself. Just tell it how it is, is my advice to everyone.

Fingers crossed that you'll be one of those 18% and have the decision changed at MR stage but don't expect too much.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Thanks Poppy, that what I pasted in my post was taken directly from the email that the Welfare Rights officer sent to my Son. I was pretty mystified by it myself because of what I've seen people like you and cockneyrebel state in your posts so I was thinking the worst anyway. I'm really bad at explaining things and have poor concentration and attention span, I can't even read things properly because of my concentration, my Son has to read my letters and such and I'm constantly double checking what I type on here before I post and even delete things, which is why I ask for help with forms, starting to wish I'd tried somewhere else now :( 

I was actually considering asking my Son to be my appointee. but I need to discuss it with him properly and look into it further, he deals with a majority of my things anyway and is my appointee at the medical centre.
  • poppy123456
    If you're able to mange your own finances then DWP may not agree for him to become your appointee.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    He helps me with my finances.
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    I was reading this post, and it made me think about my partners problems, sadly the DWP don't agree, she used to be a retail manager, loads of paperwork, stocktakes, cashing up, alarms, opening up sorting staff.
    After her operation which she was checked and passed fit for, she cannot write a reply to the DWP/pension/bank, without help, if a letter comes in the post, she reads it, and can go off on one, until I read it and explain its not what she thinks it is, DWP can be a nightmare, her pension came through, I am getting her to a pension advisor, no matter how many times I try to explain, its not helping, there is a lot of confusion, tinnitus, dizziness and what she calls a massive hangover.

As such the DWP have me down as her appointee and contact, it's sort of weird, I had a TIA and 2 heart attacks and have major issues with my memory, so I have to rely on my partner to prompt me, (I can forget to pay for bills or things) she cant deal with paperwork/letters/appointments, we sort of muddle on, god knows what would happen should either of us end up alone.

DWP accept she can't deal with "stuff" and I have to deal with her claim, but they say she is fine and cognitive and can understand complex written instruction's, drives me mad on one hand they admit she can't cope, but when asked they backstep and claim she is fine.
    I still believe its down to "luck of the draw" if you get a nice assessor your fine, go on the wrong day with the wrong person and kiss goodbye to your award.  
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
    The first assessor was totally fine and acknowledged I have mental health problems, it's just bothering me because he's gone against what she has said and then dropped my points and made it about my physical health? I don't understand it at all. Plus there was a GP's letter that was sent to the first assessor and I'm sure this other assessor would have had access to it. I think trying to discredit someone and say they don't have mental health problems when they've been diagnosed by a professional is pretty bad really. He doesn't know what I'm like from day to day, I was struggling to explain to him but I was apparently speaking to him fine even though my Son was helping me *shrugs*.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
    @poppy123456 I've just looked at the first page of my report, the part where they list what evidence they have etc. and actually the Welfare Rights officer did send the evidence that I gave to him! It seems like the assessor has ignore all of it, maybe because it was an homes assessment? Welfare Rights told my Son that they only had one letter on their system.. and Capita told my son they only had 2 letters.. obviously not. Is it possible that the DM will notice this and question it and ignore what the recent assessor has said?
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2019
    With only a 18% chance of the decision changing at MR stage i'd say most likely you'll be taking it to Tribunal. How many points were you awarded for daily living and mobility part?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
    8 in each, but when I was first awarded PIP I had I think 18 in each. Honestly, it's like he doesn't want to acknowledge my mental health problems despite there being evidence. 

Just to clarify, I've not had the decision letter yet, that's why I was asking if the DM would maybe go against what the assessor has said in his report if it differs so much from the original assessment and due to the fact there has been evidence sent in. 

I do have a query though, I read on here that assessors only get 15 minutes to check your evidence when you go to an actual centre and that they can only look at it when you are booked in, how would that work for an home assessment? There's no way he would have had time to check any medical evidence.
  • poppy123456
    They mostly go with the report, it's very rare for them to go against it. As you only scored 8 in each part then that's 4 points short of Enhanced, which is a lot for them to go against. If it was just 1 point you may have had a chance. Of course, i hope for you that they do go against the report.

I'm afraid i can't answer the other question.
  • [Deleted User]
    Ok, thank you @poppy123456 for your help and support, I appreciate it :)
  • [Deleted User]
    So really if you have a home assessment they don't have any time at all to read the evidence you've sent? He did seem to read the previous assessment report during the assessment but that's it. I guess having a home assessment can go against you in a way?

Thanks ilovecats
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2019
    I did wonder how the HCP had read my daughters evidence before her home assessment when i first claimed PIP for her, now i know. Thanks @ilovecats
  • [Deleted User]
    In all honesty when you read my report it comes across as him only reading the previous report, I really don't feel like going into it because the whole thing has made me feel a lot worse but I will say that I've been advised to make a complaint to the assessment company, oh and it's not about the money btw.

Thanks for the info.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
    To add to the above, I know that maybe nothing will come out of the complaint but I want to try anyway

I asked Welfare Rights for a copy of my review form yesterday, I got a response saying they've passed it onto the officer and have included the manager? I just want to see what the previous officer said on the form (or didn't say), don't know why the manager needs to be included, also, shouldn't they show a copy of the from to the person they've filled it in for before sending it?

Anyway, I'm going to wait for the decision, get help with an MR if I need to do one and I'll make sure it's done correctly.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    ilovecats said:

This is true, they are only allowed to access your information once you have arrived at the assessment centre. They read the PIP or AR1 and the previous report and then try to read as much as they can dependant on amount and relevance. 
    The previous report? So if the report from last time is a load of rubbish and does not accept that the claimant has any entitlement to points they would start from that point onwards?
    Obviously if the assessor this time around accepts everything claimed and said the choice I suppose is that (a) they accept that the previous report was flawed or maybe (b) since the last report the claimant has deteriorated considerably?
    Presumably they would have no knowledge if the earlier decision was changed dramatically by a Tribunal?

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
     :#  I wish the ignore feature worked properly on this site.
  • [Deleted User]
    I obviously have no idea about that sort of thing which is why I was asking in my thread, like I said though, it seems as though my evidence was ignored, plus I've also read on these forums that assessors "cherry pick" the evidence that they read again I have no idea, I don't work as an assessor but I do know that there were a lot of discrepancies in my report and when you compare it to the first report it's just mind boggling.

I'm currently TRYING to get my review form so I can see what the Welfare Rights officer wrote on there, the officer made a comment when he came to see me which I thought was a little off because it didn't tally with the information I've seen on here in regards to form filling.

Should a review form be treated exactly the same as a PIP2 form in regards to giving 2 - 3 examples?! From what I can gather, my review from doesn't have that sort of info on it, I was never asked for 2 - 3 examples.
  • poppy123456
    Yes a review form should be classed as a new claimant when filling out the form. This is exactly what i did when i filled out my daughters form....i gave those 2-3 examples for each descriptor that applied. The new evidence i sent wasn't used. All they used was the previous assessment report, my review form and a phone call was made to someone on my contact list. She had a paper based assessment.
  • [Deleted User]
    Grrrr thanks @poppy123456 not grrring at you btw.

I wish I had someone like you to help fill my forms out lol.

If you ask Fightback who do the forms properly it costs £45 and I've even see people say they've paid £75 for MR's, I know that Fightback know a lot about the laws surrounding benefits but I don't understand why they are charging these amounts to people who are sick/disabled and may have just had their benefits reduced or taken from them, it doesn't make sense to me. They told me it was a "fee" then went on about bank fee's etc. I wonder how much the "fee" is if they attend your tribunal with you.... 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.