tribunal in 5 days Can we re apply right away - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal in 5 days Can we re apply right away

2»

Comments

• melissahicking2019
    melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    If the evidence is not applicable they are not going to take it into account. 
    Matilda Posts: 2,571 Brian Blessed
    Hi @dafflover 

It was the positive Tribunal decisions posted on here that encouraged me.  I think it's usually worth appealing despite the slight risk that claimants might lose their entire award.  65% of appeals succeed.

I think what swung it for me was:

- medical reports, though old ones
    - that I've had rheumatoid arthritis for nearly 30 years
    - before DLA/PIP changeover I was on DLA highest rates both components
       indefinitely 
    - that I had already been awarded PIP 11points daily living and 10 points mobility

Were you on DLA before and did you ask for the medical reports from then to be included in your PIP application?

Because of the Election, there are no MPs at the moment, only candidates.  After the Election you'll probably hear from your MP.

Good luck with your appeal!
  • melissahicking2019
    melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Is the new evidence applicable to the date of the assessment ?
    If not then the tribunal will not take it into consideration
    Matilda Posts: 2,571 Brian Blessed
    Hi @dafflover 

It was the positive Tribunal decisions posted on here that encouraged me.  I think it's usually worth appealing despite the slight risk that claimants might lose their entire award.  65% of appeals succeed.

I think what swung it for me was:

- medical reports, though old ones
    - that I've had rheumatoid arthritis for nearly 30 years
    - before DLA/PIP changeover I was on DLA highest rates both components
       indefinitely 
    - that I had already been awarded PIP 11points daily living and 10 points mobility

Were you on DLA before and did you ask for the medical reports from then to be included in your PIP application?

Because of the Election, there are no MPs at the moment, only candidates.  After the Election you'll probably hear from your MP.

Good luck with your appeal!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.