PIP renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone else has the same situation. My pip award is till Feb 2020 however I haven't had anything through yet about renewal. I read a few have enquired and been told it now 6 months b4 they send out the forms but others say still 12 months. I am reluctant to contact them as don't want to tempt fate and end up losing what I have b4 the award ends tho my condition hasn't changed if anything more disabilities now. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I have heard that they are contacting some 6 months before but i've not seen any confirmation of this. The only way you'll know for sure is to ring them. Either way, you'll be contacted at some point.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Best to ring them just in case your renewal letter has gone astray
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    @Username_removed is that review 6 months for everyone please? when did they change that?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That was my thoughts too didn't want to prompt them to start b4 they need to 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.