PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP renewal

janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,108 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone else has the same situation. My pip award is till Feb 2020 however I haven't had anything through yet about renewal. I read a few have enquired and been told it now 6 months b4 they send out the forms but others say still 12 months. I am reluctant to contact them as don't want to tempt fate and end up losing what I have b4 the award ends tho my condition hasn't changed if anything more disabilities now. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I have heard that they are contacting some 6 months before but i've not seen any confirmation of this. The only way you'll know for sure is to ring them. Either way, you'll be contacted at some point.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Best to ring them just in case your renewal letter has gone astray
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,552 Disability Gamechanger
    It is now 6 months and ringing them would potentially be a bad idea as it may well bring forward them starting the process.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    @mikehughescq is that review 6 months for everyone please? when did they change that?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,108 Disability Gamechanger
    That was my thoughts too didn't want to prompt them to start b4 they need to 
Sign in or join us to comment.