Mandatory dla appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory dla appeal

Options
Ajai2008
Ajai2008 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i am seeking advice on how best to present a case on a recent dla claim I had rejected for my son who is suspected asd but not yet diagnosed. He suffers severe social and emotional issues, along with extremely aggressive and violent meltdowns and also has a exceptionally high pain threshold and does not show pain or seek help when injured.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The first step to appeal is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this. You need to show he needs more care and attention than that of a child of the same age that doesn't have a disability.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? Does he attend school?

If you've already requested the MR then i'd advise you to get to face to face advice from an agency near you. This link will help you know what's in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Ajai2008, welcome to the community! How are you today?

Have you managed to submit your mandatory reconsideration?

Do you think you will go down the diagnosis route for your son? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.