PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Mandatory dla appeal

Ajai2008Ajai2008 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
i am seeking advice on how best to present a case on a recent dla claim I had rejected for my son who is suspected asd but not yet diagnosed. He suffers severe social and emotional issues, along with extremely aggressive and violent meltdowns and also has a exceptionally high pain threshold and does not show pain or seek help when injured.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The first step to appeal is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this. You need to show he needs more care and attention than that of a child of the same age that doesn't have a disability.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? Does he attend school?

If you've already requested the MR then i'd advise you to get to face to face advice from an agency near you. This link will help you know what's in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,941 Scope community team
    Hello @Ajai2008, welcome to the community! How are you today?

Have you managed to submit your mandatory reconsideration?

Do you think you will go down the diagnosis route for your son? 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.