Esa assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assessment

mikey59
mikey59 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
hello all,on Friday I shall be having a health assessment for esa,the last time I had one 4 years ago I scored 0 points and the so called doctor had wrote a pack of lies in his report.8 months later I went in front of the tribunal and was passed.i have no doubt I will fail again with more lies told.my question is,what benefit will I get until the tribunal is heard.thanks

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    If fail esa you have do mandatory you get nothing to live on then tribunal if they accept takes ages get reduced esa but money backdated from when stopped 
  • mikey59
    The last time I failed I was put on jsa money but had to hand in sick notes until my tribunal.this has obviously changed.how are you suppose to live with no money,I have rent and bills to pay
  • mikey59
    What is mandatory?
  • Susie55
    Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hi,i have esa assessment on Thursday and like you 5years ago failed and had to go to tribunal.I only have 2years till my state pension,beggars belief when you see the youngsters around drinking and taking drugs and they get extra benefits to feed their habit,Not all youngsters i hasten to add.So if i have to go to tribunal am i right in thinking i will have reduced money until such time of tribunal,if i am not lucky to be passed on assesment.Also can anyone tell me can i ask assessor about my GPs report as my doctor who i saw regularly finished xmas time.Since then i have only seen locum doctors who have not got a clue of my illnesses.Started to get very anxious knowing whats ahead of me ,which doesnt help my health at all.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    mikey59 said:
    What is mandatory?
    That will be a mandatory reconsideration (MR) it's where you ask the DWP to look at the decision again if you have a decision you're not happy with. You also have to go through this process before you can request the Tribunal.

I would try not to worry about that until you have to, i know that's easier said than done though.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Susie55 said:
    Hi,i have esa assessment on Thursday and like you 5years ago failed and had to go to tribunal.I only have 2years till my state pension,beggars belief when you see the youngsters around drinking and taking drugs and they get extra benefits to feed their habit,Not all youngsters i hasten to add.So if i have to go to tribunal am i right in thinking i will have reduced money until such time of tribunal,if i am not lucky to be passed on assesment.Also can anyone tell me can i ask assessor about my GPs report as my doctor who i saw regularly finished xmas time.Since then i have only seen locum doctors who have not got a clue of my illnesses.Started to get very anxious knowing whats ahead of me ,which doesnt help my health at all.
    If you're not happy with the decision then providing you don't claim Universal credit then once the Tribunal accept you're appeal you can go back onto assessment rate for ESA but you'll need sick notes from your GP. You also have to request the MR first and you won't receive any ESA while you wait for that decision. Potentially you could be several weeks or more without money.

You can certainly ask about the report from your GP whether they will tell you anything is a different matter.

As for other people claiming ESA then you really can't judge others when you don't know their circumstances.

Good luck with the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Susie55
    I was not judging all people like I said not everyone I know people's circumstances are different,but I am saying what I have seen when I went for my last assessment one boy when they called him in he was drinking a can of larger,another one was so spaced out on whatever he had taken couldn't even get out of the chair,and that was when they were having their assessment,so please don't make me out to be judging All people!!!!
  • poppy123456
    I never said you were judging all people. What i said was please don't judge others.
  • mikey59
    I’m getting really stressed over this assessment has I know there gonna sit and write a pack of lies like they did last time and won’t get enough points.infact if I end up on a independent appeal which is most likely this would be my third
  • Susie55
    I've only had one a d that was bad enough I had a judge and medical consultant questioning me ,for over an hour I was mentally and physically drained The thought of having to go through another one if it doesn't work in my favour,which I sure it won't,fills me with dread but as my son says that's what they want people to do just leave it.Good luck for Friday and think of me on Thursday ?
  • Dotty123
    Go for it good luck 
  • fiesta56
    fiesta56 Community member Posts: 41 Listener
    Good look esa assesments are a nightmare all thry do is lie in my eyes
  • Dotty123
    Yes they are you go and fight for what is yours esa assessments they tell load **** get away with it 
  • Susie55
    Yes that's true enough I will fight for it though it fills me with dread?
  • Dotty123
    I’m waiting for tribunal which I dread
  • poppy123456
    Please remember that we do only ever hear the bad stories. Lots of people are successfully placed into a group without any problems at all but we rarely hear the good stories.
  • fiesta56
    fiesta56 Community member Posts: 41 Listener
    True and lot time there hard work
  • mikey59
    I’ve still got all the documentation from the last assessment,I’m going to show them this and say I suppose you’ll be telling another pack of lies
  • poppy123456
    mikey59 said:
    I’ve still got all the documentation from the last assessment,I’m going to show them this and say I suppose you’ll be telling another pack of lies
    I really wouldn't recommend you say that. I know some HCPs have a bad name but they aren't all bad. Believe it or not there are some HCPs that are really nice, we just don't hear the good stories only the bad ones.

You really wouldn't want to have your assessment stopped because of your attitude.
  • mikey59
    They pretend to be nice but still sit there writing or typing a pack of lies,in my eyes there all the same.i say it how it is and if they don’t like to hear the truth we’ll thats not my problem.call me what you will.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.