Vulnerable and unsafe - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vulnerable and unsafe

2»

Comments

• Arthur24
    Arthur24 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m sorry to hear that. Can you make a complaint about your GP or not? I’ve been to appointments with my son where I was told by the doctor that they cannot do anything to help. I assiduously take notes during all appointments for my own peace of mind. Also I have a written record of what we discussed too. 
  • Arthur24
    Oh, thats a good idea. It wasn't my actual named gp i saw. Im going to go and see my named gp soon. I'm just getting a move of house sorted so will see her when ive moved. I've not felt this bad for a LONG TIME  I think cos I'm the age i am 58, I'm supposed to just Get on with it. WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH. I'D LIKE SOMEONE TO LIVE IN MY HEAD FOR A DAY 

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    You don’t deserve this.
    Any of it. We are currently planning to move to Kent in September or October of this year. We have visited a couple of properties there and we will visit a third property next week to see if we can live there or not. The search for a wheelchair friendly property has taken several months but I am definitely seeing a light at the end of the tunnel now. We have saved our money for a while.
    What questions do I need to be asking? 
  • Arthur24
    Well, you just need to say it as it is!! And you NEED TO make sure they don't try to make you pay any extras or owt just because you have a wheelchair. People can be very crafty. Don't make it sound like you are desperate. One of you has 2 legs and FOUR WHEELS, that shouldn't make ANY difference xx

Brightness