Filling out a form to get a dropped kerb outside my house — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Filling out a form to get a dropped kerb outside my house

Options
lozzyholland
lozzyholland Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I need help filling out a complicated form, I want to drop the kerb outside my house.  I have asked the council for help with this but basically I am not disabled enough because I am not in a wheelchair, even though my disability is a mobility issue.  The form for this is very complicated and looks like I need to be a architect to complete.  It costs a lot to apply so I do not want to mess it up, also it says I need to check whether I need planning permission but no one will help me,

any help please?

Comments

• lozzyholland
    Options
    Hello 
    I want to drop our kerb but the application form is so complicated.  Is there any organisation or person that can help me with form filling,  I have tried talking to my council but there is nothing they can do.  and because I am not in a wheelchair the council won't help me even though the only reason why I am not wheelchair bound is because I refuse to be in one and keep fighting to keep my legs going.  

Any help will be appreciated
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lozzyholland Have you tried contacting your local CAB to see if they could help? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • lozzyholland
    Options
    no but I will thank you
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you tried CAB ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi

You need to speak to your council and get the contact details, for their approved list of contractors.

Contact one of them and ask for a site visit and they will help you fill in the form.

It can be complicated, depending on the road in front of your house.

The council will only allow their approved contractors to do the work.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lozzyholland, I also would be in touch with CAB to see if they can provide support, what about a social worker or health care professional who could provide evidence for the dropped kerb? I also have found this on the government website which may be helpful :)
    Scope

Brightness