Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Filling out a form to get a dropped kerb outside my house

lozzyhollandlozzyholland Member Posts: 9 Listener
I need help filling out a complicated form, I want to drop the kerb outside my house.  I have asked the council for help with this but basically I am not disabled enough because I am not in a wheelchair, even though my disability is a mobility issue.  The form for this is very complicated and looks like I need to be a architect to complete.  It costs a lot to apply so I do not want to mess it up, also it says I need to check whether I need planning permission but no one will help me,

any help please?


  • lozzyhollandlozzyholland Member Posts: 9 Listener
    I want to drop our kerb but the application form is so complicated.  Is there any organisation or person that can help me with form filling,  I have tried talking to my council but there is nothing they can do.  and because I am not in a wheelchair the council won't help me even though the only reason why I am not wheelchair bound is because I refuse to be in one and keep fighting to keep my legs going.  

    Any help will be appreciated
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,444 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lozzyholland Have you tried contacting your local CAB to see if they could help? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • lozzyhollandlozzyholland Member Posts: 9 Listener
    no but I will thank you
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried CAB ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering

    You need to speak to your council and get the contact details, for their approved list of contractors.

    Contact one of them and ask for a site visit and they will help you fill in the form.

    It can be complicated, depending on the road in front of your house.

    The council will only allow their approved contractors to do the work.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lozzyholland, I also would be in touch with CAB to see if they can provide support, what about a social worker or health care professional who could provide evidence for the dropped kerb? I also have found this on the government website which may be helpful :)
    Community Partner

    Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.