Does PIP have an email address? I need to appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does PIP have an email address? I need to appeal

tracyno1
tracyno1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Please can some one tell me if pip how a email address please has i was getting pip and i phoned them to tell them things have changed  in my illness. And they sent me to have a health professional consultation. And she never ask me any think about my illness or my tablets I am on or my cpap machine which I have on all night. Well pip have now sent me a letter  saying that my pip has stoped. Monday I phoned them and they Said the report they have is I am not on no tablets  and I am ok now. Which was not true I have  very bad depression anxiety and panic attacks. With other illness. So now I have to send them some thing saying which tablets I am on and she said it will take 16 weeks. If you can give me any information  of what you think they will do now that would be very helpful. Because this has made my depression anxiety and panic attacks really bad has I had to go doctors has I did not want to be here no more I can't cope with all the problems  I have to cope with all my illness each day. Thank you Tracy x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @tracyno1   Pleased to meet you welcome. Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are experiencing. As far as I know there is no Email.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please can I suggest you need to appeal any decision.  Have a look on our website. Lots of information and guidance, advice on what to do next.

You could also contact your local CAB.  They have knowledge, expertise on benefits can be very informative and useful.

Please can I ask with your mental health?  Are you receiving any support with this.?

Sometimes by accessing support, guidance with your mental health. You often can get support, advice with your benefit situation.

Some thing to consider.

I do understand what you are going through. I have mental health issues myself.

I used this mental health charity last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

I know this is difficult and not easy to cope with..  Might be worth contacting .  Get floating support or out reach worker. Guidance, advice with mental health wellbeing.

As well your benefit situation.

I know this charity might not be in some areas of the country.  All depends where you live.

Have a look on line anything local to you. MIND for example another organisation.

I would also speak to your Doctor as well.  See what advice., guidance some signposting to help you.

Please can I also suggest any medical reports you are not happy with.  You can complain to your local MP.  Many members have done so with positive results.

Please if we can help with anything else. Please get in touch.

We are here to help, be supportive.  You are not alone.

Wish you well for a positive outcome.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @tracyno1, when you spoke to them, did you put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration? You only have one month from the date of their decision to appeal, so it's very important you do this quickly. You can do this by phone, but in my experience it's better do it in writing.

@poppy123456 are you aware of any way to do this by email at all?

I'm really sorry to hear how this is affecting your mental health @tracyno1. PIP assessments can be very stressful for everyone, including those with mental health conditions. I'm glad to hear you went to your doctor for help though. MIND have some fantastic resources for trying to manage anxiety and depression. If you ever can't get hold of your doctor and you feel like you need to talk to someone about how you feel, then please remember to give Samaritans a call on 116 123. Of course if you ever believe that you might be in danger, please call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The best way to request the Mandatory Reconsideration is by letter, rather than email. I don't know of any email address to request the MR.

When requesting the MR you should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracyno1
    Thank you so much for your help. I did phone them yesterday they said they will look at it again but can take up to 16 weeks. ?
  • poppy123456
    You really should put your request in writing as advised above. Don't take DWPs word for it that they will look at the decision again without the letter of request.

There's no timescales for decision's for MR's but only 19% of decision's change so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for this are huge and there's massive backlogs in most areas with a lot of people waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date.

Face to face advice from an agency near you will help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tracyno1
    I have sent a letter to them to saying can they look at the decision again and I have sent them a letter with all my tables names and told them I am on a cpap machine all night to now.. they told me it will take up to 16 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    Wasn't DLA about night time? I'm really not up on my knowledge of DLA because i never claimed it myself.

PIP is different to DLA and it's not about the night time. It's how you are at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period.

You really need to point out which descriptors apply to you and your reasons why. It's not just about tablets, people claim PIP and don't take any medication.

This link may help you have a better understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.