Esa assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assessment

Comments

• fiesta56
    fiesta56 Community member Posts: 41 Listener
    Completely right I have been with my mother and friend and both times lied I was there my friend later had a stoke and is parilised it’s joke how treat people unwell
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    I had my first one - Stroke was mentioned - I had to have another one 2 months later - Doctor agreed I had  significant weakness in my left side still enough to hamper my work efforts - agreed I had a 100% successful case against my employer for sacking me whilst on the sick. 

DWP decision maker said I was fit for work.. **** to that.. I have the report coming, They have 0 medical experience and I think that the assessor once they send their report via e-mail that should be their decision on the spot - because it makes their professions look a mockery if some un qualified office chimp just over rides it. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    I've had 3 ESA assessments and 2 PIP assessments for myself. My daughter has had 2 PIP assessments, one of hers was paper based. Neither of us has ever had a bad report and have never had any problems claiming.

All the HCPs i've seen have been friendly, polite and extremely helpful. During my most recent ESA assessment the HCP offered me her arm to walk into the room because my mobility isnt good, helped me up from the chair and helped me walk from the room to the door to meet my daughter who was waiting in the car. She kept telling me to take my time because i was saying sorry for taking so long to walk. So, i'm proof that the good ones are out there.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fiesta56
    fiesta56 Community member Posts: 41 Listener
    I hope you are successful it’s an awful situation to be in if ain’t it’s a long time wait tribunals can you have an tribrunal and not have Be there id Request letter of doctor it’s worth a try
  • mikey59
    mikey59 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    I've had 3 ESA assessments and 2 PIP assessments for myself. My daughter has had 2 PIP assessments, one of hers was paper based. Neither of us has ever had a bad report and have never had any problems claiming.

All the HCPs i've seen have been friendly, polite and extremely helpful. During my most recent ESA assessment the HCP offered me her arm to walk into the room because my mobility isnt good, helped me up from the chair and helped me walk from the room to the door to meet my daughter who was waiting in the car. She kept telling me to take my time because i was saying sorry for taking so long to walk. So, i'm proof that the good ones are out there.

Of the 3 esa assessments did they tell lies in there report?
  • poppy123456
    No, none of them. Same for all the PIP reports, including my daughters.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mikey59
    No, none of them. Same for all the PIP reports, including my daughters.
    You passed with 15 or more points on all 3 esa assessments?
  • poppy123456
    I've been in the Support Group since 2013 and it's not about scoring points for this group, it's about satisfying one of the descriptors. Never had any problems and my 2nd review was paper based.
  • sophie88
    sophie88 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    @poppy123456 what do you mean when u say satisfying one of the descriptors? Thanks in advance 
  • sophie88
    sophie88 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited May 2019
    Also could you advise what kind of things to note in a diary kept for ESA purposes... how detailed do I need to be? ... again thanks in advance 
  • Susie55
    Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    I haven't kept a diary but am taking my photo copy of questionnaire with me tomorrow for my assessment,wish me luck☹️
  • poppy123456
    sophie88 said:
    @poppy123456 what do you mean when u say satisfying one of the descriptors? Thanks in advance 

A dairy of a typical day for you. I've never kept a diary for this purpose so i don't know how detailed in should be.

• mikey59
    I've been in the Support Group since 2013 and it's not about scoring points for this group, it's about satisfying one of the descriptors. Never had any problems and my 2nd review was paper based.
    I was of the understanding that for an esa assessment you had to score 15 or more points to pass,that’s what they did for my last 2 assessment,scoring 0 points on both occasions and having to go to 2 independent tribunals 
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Yes you do have get 15 points no one yet has so you do mandatory with no money then tribunal get reduced £73.10 week don’t go on uc or you can’t go back on esa 
  • poppy123456
    For the WRAG yes it's 15 points but not for the Support Group as indicated in this link for the support group descriptors.

@Dotty123 lots of people are successfully placed into one of the ESA groups without any problems at all but we rarely hear of the good stories only the bad.

• mikey59
    I was put in the support group 4 years ago when I attended the tribunal.maybe the assessment is for this and where I don’t need to score any points.is the same medical undertaken for this and where points are needed 

• poppy123456
    They most likely won't take the Tribunal decision into consideration because this is a new work capability assessment. You'll be assessed for the work you can do, rather than what you can't do.

It's the same work capability assessment for both of the groups and they both have similar descriptors but for the Support Group the descriptor needs to apply the majority of the time. If they think it doesn't apply the majority of the time then points will be scored for for the WRAG and if you score more than 15 points then this is the group you'll be placed into.

If none of the descriptors apply for either of the group they will look at reg29/35 which is exceptional circumstances and if they they you are a danger to yourself or others then one of these could apply to you. This is explained here.

• mikey59
    mikey59 said:
    I was of the understanding that for an esa assessment you had to score 15 or more points to pass,that’s what they did for my last 2 assessment,scoring 0 points on both occasions and having to go to 2 independent tribunals 
    Have you had an assessment since 2013,is so they would have been a new assessment,your in the support group but say it’s not point scoring,I’m in the support group and it’s my first new assessment since 2103,surely it’s not point scoring for me or am I missing or not understand something?
  • poppy123456
    I first claimed ESA at the start of 2013 and was put into the Support group about 9 months later. I've had 2 assessments since then and one was a paper based. My most recent one was October last year and i had a face to face.

You are misunderstanding it. It's points scoring for WRAG but not for the Support Group. If you gain entry to either of the groups through exceptional circumstances then it's not points scoring for either group.
  • mikey59
    I was put into the support group by the tribunal so I’m guessing they won’t see this has exceptional circumstances and class me has wrap with point scoring?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.