CAPITA report full of lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CAPITA report full of lies

Max14
Max14 Community member Posts: 8 Listener

I have been assessed by a member of CAPITA on the last January 2019 about my PIP claim. I have been receiving the DLA indefinitely due to several severe degenerative disorders. After I have been fighting to obtain a copy of the report I was shocked by all the false statements issued by the unprofessional assessor. I decided to send a formal complaint to the DWP, the reply was that I had to forward the complaint to CAPITA so I have done it. CAPITA replied me saying that they cannot investigate on the issue of a report, that is completely wrong, writing false statements and twisting the declaration of a claimant as it unfortunately happened is a criminal offence. I also have invited CAPITA to provide all my file under the subject access request but CAPITA has sent me again to the DWP.

I have now sent another letter forcing CAPITA to look into my matter and provide me with my personal files.

I am wondering what can be done to enforce rights in the case CAPITA will ignore my correspondence.  I know that I can complain to the ICO if they refuse to send me my file but what about my complaint? I asked to receive the complaint procedures but they are failing to do so.

Any suggestion will be appreciated……

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited May 2019
    I don't know if @CockneyRebel or @Username_removed can advise you on this sort of thing.

I'm looking to make a complaint myself at some point due to my report being very inaccurate.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Max14, Hello, firstly you have to remember that DLA and PIP are two different benefits and the assessment criteria for each is different. PIP is about your abilities to cope manage the PIP descriptors repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner. When you filled in your PIP application form you informed the DWP about your abilities for each of the descriptors and the assessment either either confirmed your answers or as you are posting they lied or implied you could or are able to meet the PIP descriptors to a certain level. You never posted what your suggested award may might be or what your DLA award was.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Max14,Hello, firstly you have to remember that DLA and PIP are two different benefits and the assessment criteria for each is different. PIP is about your abilities to cope manage the PIP descriptors repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner. When you filled in your PIP application form you informed the DWP about your abilities for each of the descriptors and the assessment either either confirmed your answers or as you are posting they lied or implied you could or are able to meet the PIP descriptors to a certain level. You never posted what your suggested award may might be or what your DLA award was.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @max14 - I've just replied to another post about this - you might like to read that as well.

The assessment provider was intent on avoiding dealing with any complaint. They used the usual tactics - "We haven't received your letter", "Contact the DWP" etc. It seems also that the call centre staff are not allowed to put you through to the person you want to speak to, which is very frustrating.

Eventually I received a letter. Several pages of "It may help you to know that our procedure is...", "the report is not intended to be a verbatim record" etc with the end result that the assessor "couldn't remember." and there was nothing wrong.

As far as I can work out if they won't deal with your complaint then there isn't actually anything you can do about it - although others with more legal knowledge may know better...

Good luck...
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    PS - another tactic seems to be that they don't answer your concerns properly and then you have to write to them again. They have a "final consideration" and send you some more waffle.

And that's the complaints process finished!
  • Max14
    @cristobal yes you perfectly right, it is not a case that this matter is common to many others so what is going on does not seem to be a coincidence but rather a routinely acting from CAPITA......
  • Max14
    @cristobal by mistake the post was posted several times....sorry about that thanks for your suggestions I will contact my MP....
  • Max14
    @wilko I know that DLA and PIP are different but was my point to provide as much information on my post thanks for your reply.....
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Max14, sorry to hear there were lies in your report! I am unsure what more I can suggest to you at this moment in time. However, I hope a member of the community will be able to help. I will look into this further for you if not :)
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @Max14 it's ok, there's a bug on the forum and people end up posting 2 - 3 threads.
  • struggle2222
    struggle2222 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    I have had the same experience with the CAPITA f2f absolutely shocking behaviour. They are disgusting. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.