How do I make a complaint to Atos? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I make a complaint to Atos?

stonker01
stonker01 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi how do you make a complaint to Atos I can't find the details 
I complained to a number provided by the assessment building and I got a letter which is from the dwp saying they have received it 
I contact them asking who the assessor works for and she was reluctant to answer so I said did the assessor work for atos yes or no she said yes so I said tell me how to contact them to which she has just said my complaint to atos would just be sent direct to pip for them to deal with
Surely that can't be correct he works for atos not pip 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Any complaint about an assessment center or assessor must be sent the the complaints department of the assessment company who are contracted to conduct assessments on behalf of the DWP.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stonker01, I'm sorry you are having to complain! I hope a member of the community is able to help you with this soon :)
    Scope

• stonker01
    Thank you it's so draining it's what the assessor has said that is harder than losing the pip I've read so much where people are saying assessors lie and I just thought people were being dramatic because they didn't get what they wanted 
    But I now eat those words because they do 
    How are they getting away with it 
    A group needs to be formed where people who have experienced false reports can join so we can see how many are out there saying the same thing 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's not a problem! I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience, like you say, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.
    Scope

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

PIP - Independent Assessment Services

If you wish to make a formal complaint to IAS you should call 0300 3300 120 (North of England & Scotland) or 0300 3300 121 (Southern England) or alternatively email PIP-customerservice@atos.net

Alternatively, you can write to:-

The Client Relations Manager, Independent Assessment Services, PO Box 1006, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 1UL

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • onlygirl
    onlygirl Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    My complaint regarding my son's recent PIP review bounces back from their email address...im writing to them and the DWP complaining.Its absolutely shocking, any other assessments he has IL make sure they're recorded
  • stonker01
    I'm going to make sure there recorded too it's horrendous 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    For PIP you need to tell them in advance that you'll be recording it and you need to use the appropriate recording equipment and record 2 copies at the same time. At the end of the assessment you need to hand one into the HCP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.