How do I make a complaint to Atos? — Scope | Disability forum

How do I make a complaint to Atos?

stonker01 Member Posts: 51 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi how do you make a complaint to Atos I can't find the details 
I complained to a number provided by the assessment building and I got a letter which is from the dwp saying they have received it 
I contact them asking who the assessor works for and she was reluctant to answer so I said did the assessor work for atos yes or no she said yes so I said tell me how to contact them to which she has just said my complaint to atos would just be sent direct to pip for them to deal with
Surely that can't be correct he works for atos not pip 


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,429 Disability Gamechanger
    Any complaint about an assessment center or assessor must be sent the the complaints department of the assessment company who are contracted to conduct assessments on behalf of the DWP.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,565 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stonker01, I'm sorry you are having to complain! I hope a member of the community is able to help you with this soon :)

  • stonker01
    stonker01 Member Posts: 51 Connected
    Thank you it's so draining it's what the assessor has said that is harder than losing the pip I've read so much where people are saying assessors lie and I just thought people were being dramatic because they didn't get what they wanted 
    But I now eat those words because they do 
    How are they getting away with it 
    A group needs to be formed where people who have experienced false reports can join so we can see how many are out there saying the same thing 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,565 Disability Gamechanger
    That's not a problem! I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience, like you say, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,217 Disability Gamechanger

    PIP - Independent Assessment Services

    If you wish to make a formal complaint to IAS you should call 0300 3300 120 (North of England & Scotland) or 0300 3300 121 (Southern England) or alternatively email [email protected]

    Alternatively, you can write to:-

    The Client Relations Manager, Independent Assessment Services, PO Box 1006, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 1UL

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • onlygirl
    onlygirl Member Posts: 19 Connected
    My complaint regarding my son's recent PIP review bounces back from their email writing to them and the DWP complaining.Its absolutely shocking, any other assessments he has IL make sure they're recorded
  • stonker01
    stonker01 Member Posts: 51 Connected
    I'm going to make sure there recorded too it's horrendous 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,749 Disability Gamechanger
    For PIP you need to tell them in advance that you'll be recording it and you need to use the appropriate recording equipment and record 2 copies at the same time. At the end of the assessment you need to hand one into the HCP.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.