Am I due underpayment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I due underpayment

Suz6666
Suz6666 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I got a letter to fill in and says I was paid contribution esa when I was moved to esa from incapacity benefit had to fill in just from 2012 to 2013 said I could be owed underpayment at that time I was in poverty couldn't afford gas so I sat in the cold  I was in a bad place  does anyone know if I could get the underpayment at all has anyone been successful I've just after all these years been put in the support group bit extra money for me hope you can answer this for me please thanks for your time

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will totally depend on your circumstances at that time. Household income, savings, capital all count when calculating the income related top up. It's impossible to answer your question on an internet forum i'm afraid.

You'll need to wait for DWP to assess you and make a decision.

Lots of people have received back dated money because of the underpayments but there's also lots of people that haven't received anything because they didn't qualify at the time. It really does depend on circumstance.

DWP are contacting everyone that moved from Incapacity benefit to ESA regardless of whether they qualify or not.

Decision times are 12-20 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Suz6666
    Suz6666 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    OK thanks for the reply 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.