PIP cheat — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP cheat

Options
baldeagle
baldeagle Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, very long story, but in short I helped a young person out who had a number of personal /mental health / drug issues, I invited them into my home and
my family, after nearly 12 months I could no longer support them ( too volatile) and had to ask them to back off and leave my family alone. During the 12 months I had shared a lot of details about my disability (MS) and that I received Pip and had a mobility car, I have now received a letter from PIP asking me to complete another application form, when I telephoned them to ask why I had the form they said they couldn’t tell me. I have put 2&2 together and realised this ex friend has reported me to pip, they knew I had difficulty walking but not all the time, I have good and bad days. I attended the 1st PIP assessment in a wheelchair as it was a bad day. I’m really worried that the DWP have evidence of me walking ( with a stick) and will remove my benefit. I’m having sleepless nights now worrying about it, I’m NOT a cheat but I’m sure they will have twisted things to make me look bad. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @baldeagle welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened, could it be that your claim is due to be reviewed? How long is your award for?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi Ami2301 thanks for the reply, no it’s not due for renew until 2021, also the way the chap on the phone was answering my questions, made me think something was wrong.  I feel like I’m been watched all the time, I just don’t want to be branded a cheat we all have good and bad days, I don’t  have the energy to fight. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @baldeagle and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear you are having to go through the process again, this must be very stressful! Try your best not to think about a potential complaint, I know that's hard. Everyone will have good and bad days with their health, I know I do! This will have an impact on our abilities. If you need any support in filling out the form then please do let us know. 
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,939 Scope online community team
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community @baldeagle. I'm so sorry to read you're having to go through this. 

Just be as honest as you can on the form, everyone has good and bad days. Please let us know if we can help you at all. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.