Past and Present upper tier Tribunal cases and details (lots of information available here)
I am sure these would of been pointed out by other people but i would also suggest that these be pinned where relevant.
They are available in dated versions of all upper case tribunals.
March 2014 - March 2015
March 2016 - March 2017
March 2018 - March 2019
they are not limited to PIP either and include ESA , UNIVERSAL CREDIT and many more genres
I am surprised to see that when it comes to DWP vs lower tribunal that they are very few attempts from DWP over the past 3 years , Statistically (i personally doing the math) would average DWP's attempts to be around 4% of the available sittings and few win.
I am sure these link's will be of use to alot of people as they have certainly enlightened myself a great deal as to Errors of Law , descriptor criteria and legal requirements for descriptors.
Im sure this would be of great use for anybody making either PIP applications and or appeals
I personally found the following case to be of particular interest and relevant of many PIP / ESA claimants
CPIP/1055/2018:Tribunals must deal with evidence relating to ESA entitlement when used in support of a PIP appeal
Upper Tribunal Judge: Jacobs
This decision explains the proper approach for a tribunal when presented with evidence relating to a different benefit. In this case, ESA evidence was produced in support of a PIP appeal.
In considering this issue, Judge Jacobs says that It is important to distinguish (a) precedent, (b) evidence, (c) argument, (d) the proper role of the First-tier Tribunal, and (e) the tribunal’s written reasons: Read more...
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.