DWP Calling your Home after Tribual win - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Calling your Home after Tribual win

2»

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    As the poster who waited so long for the Tribunal i thank everyone for their imput .

But I will not on reflection ring the DWP as I really do not trust them and can honestly see them twisting or interpreting what I say wrongly. 

I have in the past dealt with large companies at grievance and complaint stages and I would always advice anyone in those cases to get written evidence.

The DWP are not to be trusted ..period.
    I will wait till they contact me.

Yes I want the money but I dont need more grief from DWP.

I don't blame you - always try to get everything in writing from the DWP avoiding conversations over the telephone.
  • WobblyGreg
    WobblyGreg Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Well they just rang again and left a message that was recorded in in a very noisy wind tunnel with a noisy lorry going past .
    I could not make out the number they left as the line was so bad  .
    Either way I'm not ringing them I'm going by advice received here which is to wait till they write.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Quite right.  But if they don't write within another couple of weeks, phone them on the number you've got on DWP correspondence and ask when you can expect to receive payment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    As there was wind and lorries in the back ground of the message they left are you sure it was from DWP? Seems strange to me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    Hence why I never use the telephone where the DWP are involved.
  • WobblyGreg
    The number I will  ring is 0800 121 4433.
    Tried yesterday " high number of calls " blah blah 
    I'll wait for letter getting too stressful trying to phone.
  • WobblyGreg
    Well the letter arrived 
    Just asked if I'd been in hospital or prison and if bank details were the same.

Sent a 2nd class return envelope I took picture of everything and will send back today.
  • twonker
    Well the letter arrived 

Sent a 2nd class return envelope I took picture of everything and will send back today.
    There you go, a painless way to resolve the issue. Far better than speaking to the DWP who may well misinterpret some off the cuff comment you might make in jest.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Well the letter arrived 

Thanks for letting us know the outcome @WobblyGreg, I'm glad it wasn't anything serious and you can relax. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WobblyGreg
    And then to confuse me I get a letter from Hanley IBR DWP.
    'RE income-related ESA(IR) having looked at information you gave us , you are not entitled to ESA (IR)from 25th July 2013 

As a result there is no change to your benefit ??
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP are not fit for purpose.  They don't know which end is up.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    And then to confuse me I get a letter from Hanley IBR DWP.
    'RE income-related ESA(IR) having looked at information you gave us , you are not entitled to ESA (IR)from 25th July 2013 

As a result there is no change to your benefit ??
    Being entitled to income related top up on your ESA will depend on your circumstances between the dates you were assessed. The things they look at are living with a partner that works, or claims other benefits, pensions, savings/capital.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jasoncraig83
    jasoncraig83 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Just had a call from pip.they asked if I've been in hospital or prison and I want money in 3 payments or in full.im guessing won't have to wait long now
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    twonker said:
    The poster has already waited up to a year to get to the Tribunal stage, a few weeks more is here nor there.
    It most certainly does matter, especially when people are struggling to live because of their disability.
    Not everybody who is in receipt of DLA/PIP has extra costs because of a disability. I don't along with friends who also have the award. My award goes on improving my quality of life such as meals out, going to the theatre or pictures or a mini break in the UK.
    A great number of people actually use the money to treat themselves to a good holiday in the sun the following year or maybe a cruise.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure why you're quoting a response poppy made nearly 4 years ago. Everyone's circumstances are different, & some people are struggling. You can spend your PIP/DLA money on whatever you want. Until comparitively recently I was existing on a DLA payment, then an equivalent amount with PIP, of £450 every 4 weeks. My bills were £250 a month before I paid for my electricity, LPG & food! So I appreciate that there will be some, like myself at the time, who can't put their heating on when they would wish. The only positive I took away from this was that I learnt how to grow a variety of vegetables to help keep my costs down.
  • Blue_eyes
    Blue_eyes Community member Posts: 91 Courageous
    2oldcodgers 👍

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.