Esa assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assessment

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    It could have been exceptional circumstances yes because a Tribunal could have decided that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mikey59
    mikey59 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    It could have been exceptional circumstances yes because a Tribunal could have decided that.
    Is there any way of knowing or finding out if they were exceptional circumstances decided by the tribunal?
  • poppy123456
    Do you have the decision letter from that Tribunal? if not you can try ringing DWP but as it was 6 years ago it's doubtful they will have anything. I'm not sure how long they keep things like that for.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    The best thing you can do right now is concentrate on the reasons why you think you should remain in the support group this time.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mikey59 and good luck with your ESA assessment tomorrow- please do let us know how it goes!

@poppy123456 is very true, here on the community we normally do hear the more negative side because this is when people require support with the claim which is no problem at all. However, not all assessments are like this and positive experiences are possible.

Wishing everyone a positive outcome :)

Scope

• Valerie57
    Valerie57 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    My hubby has had an assessment early may. The lady was lovely, after about an hour she said we'll that's all the information I need,she had a report from his doctor.fortnight later he had moved from the work related group to the ESA group.we didn't go into all his ailments(which would have taken another hour lol).
  • mikey59
    I had my assessment on Friday,lasted about 15 mins.i was shocked that no medical was done,I was asked some questions,ie how do I go about cooking and looking after bills etc,I told him my sister does everything,he then said it looks like you need support and finished off the assessment
  • fiesta56
    fiesta56 Community member Posts: 41 Listener
    Good luck Mikey I’m dreaded this week 
  • poppy123456
    They are not supposed to tell you anything during the assessment of what their thoughts are because the report they send is just a recommendation. Assessment lengths vary wildly, depending on how many questions they ask you.

Leave it to the end of next week and request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
  • mikey59
    I’m not going to ask for a copy of the assessment form in case it’s not what I want to hear,I’ll go into panic mode and get too stressed out.i would rather wait for the dwp decision letter and worry from there should it be bad news 
  • fiesta56
    When’s sending extra medically evidence can’t u send copy’s or original document
  • poppy123456
    fiesta56 said:
    When’s sending extra medically evidence can’t u send copy’s or original document
    Copy's, never ever send originals.
  • fiesta56
    I’ve had send one original because when got copied doctor stamp didn’t show up
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Poppy I poppy I got txt from tribunal asking to send medical report in does this mean I’m getting near my tribunal date do I send copy of report or real one x
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Poppy I poppy I got txt from tribunal asking to send medical report in does this mean I’m getting near my tribunal date do I send copy of report or real one x
    Hi,

No, it doesn't i'm afraid. They are just asking you to send some medical evidence. They are not asking you to send the assessment report because they will already have a copy of this sent from DWP.
  • mikey59
    I’ve been on 2 tribunals and have never been asked to send  any medicine evidence.why is this?
  • Dotty123
    I have sent lots medical reports in to them says same thing did you win a tribunal Mikel 59 
  • Dotty123
    Thank you poppy x
  • poppy123456
    mikey59 said:
    I’ve been on 2 tribunals and have never been asked to send  any medicine evidence.why is this?
    That was your Tribunal. HMCTS have asked Dotty for medical evidence, which she should send.
  • Dotty123
    Iv got get letter tomorrow I’m sending when they say someone who no’s how I suffer do I put that in to com seeing tribunal lady who does tribunals should I wait till then seeing her 27/6/19 xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.