Hi, I am new & looking for advice re how to prove how far I can walk re PiP assessment? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I am new & looking for advice re how to prove how far I can walk re PiP assessment?

Options
2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lleett, how are you getting on with your appeal? Is there anything else we can do to help?
    Scope

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    cristobal said:
    wilko said:
    " Reading about the descriptors and filling in the application form sending correct and enough evidence to support your claim should give, get the correct award."
    Totally agree - do it right first time!
    Oh I too agree. But many claimants have little insight into what is required both on the form and the evidence needed. Not everybody understands fully the jargon used. Hence why probably 48% fail and only 52% get the award they are entitled to first time. That is also assuming that the assessor does their job properly and the DWP actually read and understand the evidence sent in. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    Options
    twonker said:

Oh I too agree. But many claimants have little insight into what is required both on the form and the evidence needed. Not everybody understands fully the jargon used. Hence why probably 48% fail and only 52% get the award they are entitled to first time. That is also assuming that the assessor does their job properly and the DWP actually read and understand the evidence sent in. 

@twonker @yadnad - so what should they do then?

Any positive advice other than giving reasons why claims fail? (and having the obligatory pop at the assessor!)

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    cristobal said:
    twonker said:

@twonker @yadnad - so what should they do then?

Any positive advice other than giving reasons why claims fail? (and having the obligatory pop at the assessor!)

The assessors deserve every bit of criticism given. If they cleaned up their act in every respect then trust would be restored. 
    OK reasons why claims are awarded? Do exactly as Wilko says to which I agree. 
    And along the way just ignore those that through no fault of theirs make a hash of the claim in all ways including the assessment? They don't count because everybody should be able to follow the claiming procedure to the letter
    Those who fail - what should they do? Appeal that's all that is left for them. Ignore the stress and anxiety that they have to suffer for 12+ months and lack of money. It's their own fault isn't it? They should have followed the claiming procedure to the letter and by doing so would not have had the stress and anxiety. Oh what a perfect world we all live in.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.