PIP assessor phoning me at home, help. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessor phoning me at home, help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    Totally disagree that everything should be done in writing or snail mail as it's often referred to. I have no issues giving my contact number to DWP for mine and my daughters claims. There's enough of waiting times as it is without adding to it, with the addition of snail mail. Plus the fact letters can and do get lost.

I've said this many times and i'll say it again, i've never had a bad report for any of my claims. HCPs have always been nothing but helpful and friendly. It's so true that you rarely hear the good stories and always the bad.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    The report not being returned to DWP yet can only mean it has been in audit, if errors were found then it won't be returned to DWP until those errors have been corrected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • firefly22
    firefly22 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    To be fair, I have posted previously when I had a good medical. Not here, but elsewhere, my ESA assessor was great, a real nice person, he said he didn't think I should have been called, it was only bureaucracy that I was called, only asked some basic questions and said I had nothing to worry about in the result.

My other PIP was middle. The man didn't seem to care at all, but I got a good result.

This one has taken me by surprise. The assessment was awful and went on so long, my whole body had seized up in the chair for that long and now all these complications that have dragged it on and also made my health take a decline.
  • [Deleted User]
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Totally disagree that everything should be done in writing or snail mail as it's often referred to. I have no issues giving my contact number to DWP for mine and my daughters claims. There's enough of waiting times as it is without adding to it, with the addition of snail mail. Plus the fact letters can and do get lost.

I've said this many times and i'll say it again, i've never had a bad report for any of my claims. HCPs have always been nothing but helpful and friendly. It's so true that you rarely hear the good stories and always the bad.
    I will not disagree that all of your claims (daughter and self) are some of the 52% or so that are right first time. What we see on here represents in part the other 48% that fail. You have been most fortunate many others aren't.

If you were able as an exercise to read both of my reports you would come to the conclusion that I do not have any form of disability. In fact at the age of 69 I am fitter than most men that are under 45! The look on the face of the Tribunal chairman when he asked me if it really was true despite all of the evidence supplied that I still played senior level rugby union said it all! From then on the report was completely dismissed.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
  • poppy123456
    Well @Yadnad didn't have a PIP award, so they claimed. @twonker does, so they claim... so on that part i remain completely confused.
  • twonker
    Well @Yadnad didn't have a PIP award, so they claimed. @twonker does, so they claim... so on that part i remain completely confused.
    You, me and the rest are too.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @twonker - everyone's entitled to moan and I've done my fair share!

However I don't believe that constantly making negative posts about what is wrong (and under your previous username @yadnad)helps anyone.

Do you genuinely not have anything positive to say?
  • twonker
    cristobal said:
    @twonker - everyone's entitled to moan and I've done my fair share!

However I don't believe that constantly making negative posts about what is wrong (and under your previous username @yadnad)helps anyone.

Do you genuinely not have anything positive to say?
    Previous username? thankfully it's not just me then that is losing the plot.

I am not moaning and do not believe that my posts are negative. It's plain common sense that for as long as the assessors and the DWP produce and accept these assessments as being true and totally accurate and represent what was said at the assessment then contact with the aforesaid people should always be carried out via letter. Up to 48% of PIP claimants have no trust in those that administer the system. So as to have a clear record of what is or isn't said in a telephone conversation should instead be put in writing.

Even today what M/s Rudd said about the 280,000 pensioners in receipt of PIP has made a mockery of what she said in March this year. If she was running the railways she would be installing turntables at every junction on the off chance that she wanted to go backwards. 

• poppy123456
    Oh come on @twonker everyone knows you used to post under the name of yadnad. You both have exactly the same stories, type the same way etc. The only difference is one didn't have a PIP award, the other did. Oh and your ages are slightly different. lol

Both of your posts are/were always so negative.
  • cristobal
    @twonker  @yadnad   Perhaps it might be a matter of perception but I personally can't remember anything positive...

Let's move on ...this isn't adding anything to the topic as far as I can see...

• firefly22
    firefly22 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Honestly, I don't know any member, or previous member.

However, I suppose I seem like I'm moaning too, however when the stress they put you through gets so bad, I suppose we all wish to vent or moan. And it is stressful, no matter if you try not to worry, or not think about it, it's still there.
  • twonker
    cristobal said:
    @twonker / @yadnad.....I don't agree with your advice to ask for the questions to be put in writing..

1) It will inevitably slow things down
    2) It makes no sense to have an assessment in which you respond to the assessor's questions as they are asked and don't have a written record, but then insist that supplementary questions are put in writing.
    Most would want to have the assessment recorded. That way there is confirmation of what was said and the questions asked.
  • cristobal
    @Firefly123 -Have a moan, it's good for you!

As I said previously my assessment wasn't done well and I've had a whine about it. If you look through this forum a lot of others are the same - their first post is a full page moan about how bad their assessment was. Everyone understands this, and it actually does them good to vent.

In the long term constantly making negative posts doesn't do any good (in my opinion) It's not good for the poster, and it's certainly not good for anyone else reading the forum because there are times when perfectly good advice (in my opinion) is lost in posts about how poor the system is.

You may or may not believe that my assessment was done poorly and, if I'm honest, the only reason I can be certain about that is because I recorded it. I acknowledge that other claimant's assessment's went badly, and that's is down to the assessor but it's also clear to me, if you read through the posts, that:-

Some people haven't read through the form before completing it so they don't know what the criteria are
    Some people think that they will qualify for PIP if they attach more than xx pages of reports from their clinicians.
    Some people apply on a 'wing and a prayer'

I was angry and annoyed about my assessment but my answer is to try and post something positive.

In my opinion, constant negativity by @yadnad and others doesn't help anyone. All that it achieves (in my opinion) is to portray the system as a lot worse than it actually is...
  • [Deleted User]
  • twonker
    edited May 2019
    What is worse than ESA PIP torture .... 4.3 k owed in rent 
    You might like this system till these people dont give you what you think you should get
    Then you might moan too ... no im sure you will ...nowt positive about dwp  ...
    The workings of the DWP and the systems that they employ are no different now than they were way back in the mid 60's As it was known as the DHSS they have always had a reputation of poor service, fudged standards of work and poor training. Anybody that was interested in furthering their career within the Civil Service refused point blank to work in that department. It was a one way ticket to a damaged career. Nothing has changed - poor quality staff - poor morale - poor training.

Unless you make it so simple for the DWP to understand a claim then you are onto a bad decision. That's the level of quality of their staff. They find it difficult to understand anything that is not black and white.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.